Run Into

Lisa

Last night's party was draining. Luckily I was able to excuse myself before they can convince me to stay a bit longer and be wasted. Manager-oppa was quick to fetch, afraid that I might succumb to such rebellion. Yeah, I drunk... a little too much last night, but not too much to the point where I could embarrass myself.

But right now, I feel like a 90-year-old grandma. My head is spinning, my joints are stiff and I badly need my coffee.

I went out from my room only to find that the dorm was quiet and empty. I guess I'm alone again. I almost forgot, Jisoo and Jennie- unnie went home probably they'll be back by tonight, and Chipmunk was in her apartment with Alice.

Oh! Shit! I got to pick my 'babies' in the Coco Bono Pet Hotel. I'm sure they missed me.

Before heading out, I fixed my mask and bucket hat, matched with my casual loose fitting 2PAC t-shirt with mom jeans and a pair of white sneakers. I informed Manager-oppa but I guess he just missed my message... guess it's a free pass day off for me then!

As I reached the Gangnam district, I searched for Starbucks. Lucky me... I just found the perfect spot.
The place is less crowded, and they don't seemed to know me.

As I settled at far corner of the shop enjoying my hot Jeju Honey Peanut Latte before fetching my 'babies', a couple arrived and seated in front of me. It's not my intention to eavesdrop but it's quite inevitable in my location and position. I decided to stay and busy my self scrolling the social media while partially listening to their conversation.

"Babe we've talk already... I'm really sorry... It's my schedule... but I'm trying..." said the man.

I can sense the desperation and anxiety in his voice.
This couple's voices were somewhat familiar but I try to mind my own business... by scrolling 'cat' pictures.

"Stop!!! Stop calling me 'babe'... we've been in this cycle before. I'm tried. I told you already we're done..." the girl was somewhat irritated.

"...done! You told me that via a phonecall while I'm on tour! You know how much I endured for that! I want to rush back to Korea... so bad ... just to see you." Man's voice started strong but later became feeble... as if holding himself to cry.

Positive! This couple are idols! Gosh!!! I should work for dispatch! Ooooor I should tell my unnies with this tea!!! I just can't wait!

"So what do you want me to do huh? You want me to stay and suffer? I'm not happy... anymore." The girl ceding her words.

"You really want to do this? .... you really don't love me anymore?" I can feel the pain, hurt and defeat as the man said those words.

Gosh! Why should I witness this drama. Could they just stop being an idol and be together and have babies. I'm to invested with their conversation that I stopped myself from doing something but drinking my coffee as both sides throw those poignant words at each.

The girl took the man's hand and I can see behind those mask and baseball cap she's crying.

"I'm sorry... i'm sorry... i'm really am... but it's just too much. You know my reasons... please just let me go... you'll find someone... someone for you...."

The girl stood up.

"Please, Tae... let's give ourselves enough space to move on. You're still young. And I'm getting married."

The girl walked and leave the man in front of me crying.

I was shocked as well... the girl is Irene-unnie and Taehyung-oppa... I can't be wrong!

I'm so invested that I didn't notice I was sobbing.
My sniffles were loud enough to be heard by the man in front of me. He turned his head to my table looking at me. He walked towards my table so fast before I could quickly hide my face with magazine.

"Lisa-shi???" He carefully asked me, looking for a confirmation.

I embarrassingly look at him and gave him my 'best' apologetic smile... which actually looked awkward.

Of course you idot! Who in the right mind would cry while eavesdropping other's drama...oh Only you! Idiot!

"Tae-oppa I'm really sorry if..." in reality I don't know what to say.

The man grabbed the chair in front of me and put his coffee in the table. Oh wow! I really want to leave now, but I just can't leave this fragile and vulnerable creature in front of me. He just got dumped! And my stupid ass shamelessly heard all of it! Of course I can't just walk away!

"It's okay... I should be the one to say sorry, we made you uncomfortable... I hope..." He said as he sadly looked my eyes.

"... don't worry Tae-oppa!!! Your secret is safe.. I won't say a word even to my cats! Leo, Luca, Lily, Louis and Lego... although I really want to tell my members, I will stop my self! Even if I could blackmail you and sell this information to dispatch or any tabloid... I won't do it. I'll keep it as a secret...
I'm a person true to my words!" I defensively said.

His gloomy and forlorn expression was shifted to laugh.

What did I say? I'm serious.

"Hahahah! Okaaaay! That's a lot of promises..." he said as he holds his stomach holding his laugh.

"Yah! Oppa! I'm serious you know. I respect you.." I shyly mumbled.

He smiled.

"I know...Yoossh! I think I feel better ... a little bit.
Lisayah, can you please accompany me for today?"

I almost choked when he asked me like asking me on a date...but I should know better. This man needs a friend or should I say pseudo-temporary-friend. And I just happen to be in the vicinity. I'm convenient to be his companion... for today.

"You know what...I'm sorry... I should have not asked you... it's just that I just..." he hesistantly said.

"... okay, Oppa. I'll spend the rest of the day as your companion.... but! You can't ask my number or my contact and this is not a date... and you're not thinking me as a probable rebound!!!" I bravely stated my conditions but I only heard him... laugh.

Am I a joke to him?!?!

"Okay Lisa-shi...this is not a date... and you won't be my rebound... hahahahah!"

Gosh! I've only met three (including Jin Oppa) of the seven Bangtan boys, and I knew already what's common to these boys.. they're all ANNOYING.

My face is literally burning but this person just won't stop.

"Uhhm, Oppa.. since I'll be your companion for today... can you help me fetch my babies before this day ends?"

He smiled.

"Anything for you, Princess."