RARE

Lisa

*Flashback:

It's not unusual for me to be summoned to the top offices, particularly the CEO's. But somehow, this time I have a strange feeling...

it's like an impending doom.

As the secretary called out my attention to proceed, I took a deep breath and unmindfully wiped my sweaty palms.

Sajangnim was waiting for my arrival in his swivel chair with a straight expression on his face.

I gulp, thinking...

What's my offense this time?

"Annyeonghaseyo, Sajangnim." As I nervously bowed.

"Lisa, please take a seat." His cold tone of voice and a sharp cat-like stare made me even more feel anxious.

"So... Hanbin?" He started.

"De, Sajangnim?" The mention of my friend's name got me even more anxious and 'clueless' at the same time.

"This Kid... well, you know... I had my own personal favorites in this company... it's not a secret..."

I remained quiet as he continues.

"... BI is one of those.... you see, this kid is brave enough to ask permission to 'date'... you. Are you aware of this?" He probed as his expression remained unreadable.

My heart beats erratically, probably because I have a hunch where this confrontation leads to.

"No Sajangnim... I have no idea." I answered as if hearing other's voice in my head.

"You know you have to work double than the rest... you maybe 'exceptional'... straight A's even, but you're not 'one of us'... and B.I., is a promising artist, a producer, a prodigy. He can be the next GD or the next CEO...you know."

"Lately... together with their group's rising fame comes 'drama'... I've been... helping him... on covering his tracks...as we speak..."

The whole discussion got me all confused and apprehensive... it's like I'm lost walking in a maze.

"You see... Lisa, I can dissolve your group once 'baby monster' is ready... your group is just a transient pawn. A distraction from all the scandals."

"Sajangnim, with all due respect... I don't understand where this discussion leads us..."

"Hmmm... to put it frankly... I want you to distance yourself to Hanbin or any male artist in this industry... well, it's clear in your contract your 'dating ban' is... sort of exceptionally extended than the rest of the artists. You're a foreigner. We've already explained those to you, right?"

I unmindfully nodded.

"And Hanbin on the other hand, had a serious issue we need to patch up. I don't want another scandal for him. If I had to choose between disbanding Blackpink or letting Hanbin go... I'd choose, the former."

Hearing those horrible realization made my whole body shiver in fear. I want to break down in front this vile man but I remained... impassive.

I've got to hold all my emotions locked up.

Not in front of everybody... not even to this man.

To my surprise, he handed me an Ipad. To my horror, it's a series of pictures of screened shot Kakao talk conversations of Hanbin... trying to buy... drugs.