Indefinite

Jungkook

As we leisurely lounged in our dorm's common room, while Jin-hyung and I tried the God of War: Ragnarok in our PS5, Tae suddenly came. We tried to contact him to clarify the rumor Jimin told us earlier.

"Tae, you had your dinner already?" Jin-hyung asked while keeping his eyes on the game.

He took the couch sitting between us.

"Yep... I'm good I guess... I had fun actually..." he said which confused us both, Jin-hyung and I.

But before we questioned him, Jimin and Yoongie-hyung came from their respective rooms.

"Yow, Tae-Tae! Are you okay?" Jimin tactlessly asked.
This made Teahyung gave us suspicious look.

"Why should I not be okay? Do you know something, that I should be concerned of?" Taehyung asked Jimin.

"Tae, we know we should never meddle with your personal business, it just happen that Seulgi mentioned about you and Irene were breaking up... for good." Jimin apologetically explained, which made Taehyung sigh and smiled bitterly.

"Well I guess news travels that fast... and to ease your curiosity... yes, we ended our relationship... for real this time." His statement somehow confused us, how he can be so calm and withdrawn.

Tae is a happy-go-lucky type of person but very private at the same time. We respect his privacy but somehow his take on the situation is a bit odd.

"And you seemed okay?" I asked.

We are worried for him! Why is he taking this lightly. But then, maybe because... he might be thinking he's been there and done this already.

"Well, as what Irene said... we've been in this tiring cycle... and true, it's not healthy anymore....

...And besides... she's getting married too...

...to her family's liking." He bitterly smiled.

"Tae... we're sorry... we never knew her family don't liked you 'that' much, to the point that they arranged her to someone." Jin-Hyung pat Taehyung's back but the latter seemed unusually... resolved with the situtation as if he won't try to put a fight... he just gave up.

"Taehyungie, how are you...okay with this?" I asked him.

"I'm not... but there's nothing much I can do..." he nonchalantly said.

After an awkward silence, like no one wants to even cough or sneeze. Taehyung, who was at a daze for a while now, throw a random question...

"By the way, Jin-hyung... you're close with Jisoo right?" He asked, which made Jin cocked a brow.

"And why are you asking me... taehyung?" Jin-hyung became serious and asked in a warn-tone.

"Chill hyung! Haha! I just want to ask for Lisa's number." He chuckled.

The room became dead silent again. It was Yoongie hyung broke the air.

"Yah!!! What are you trying to do Tae?" Yoongie hyung venomously spat.

"Why are you asking for her number? I swear if I'll give you her number and my sweet Jisoo hears about this... better be present in my funeral!" Jin Hyung exaggeratedly whine.

"Hahahah! Yah! Why are you all so worked up...I just want to thank her for the company earlier... besides i'm not that type of person." He casually stated.

Everything seemed suspicious and unusually uneasy. Taehyung who just broke up with Irene-noona, seemed fine... but what's disturbing is... he seemed happy hanging out with Lisa.

I felt tense and restless... and I don't know why either.

I never like the girl. And she's annoying. But it doesn't seemed right for Tae to use her as a rebound or distraction, like everyone's been thinking.

The room was silent, confused and astounded.

"Yaaaah!!!! It's not like what you think... You see, Lisa, just accidentally heard us... to cut the story short, I needed a friend. She was conveniently there! And I enjoyed her company. It's not like what you're thinking. Tsk!" Taehyung explained.

But the people around him thinks his intention is kinda suspicious... including me.

"Fine... but better not do something stupid..." Jin Hyung finally gave in.

Once Taehyung had Lisa's number he immediately messaged her and to his surprise the latter responded. Everyone in the living area noticed how Taehyung secretly smiles while on his phone.

"Yaaah!!! You brat I'm telling you... I gave you that number because you just want to say 'thank you'... why are you smiling like a fool!!!" Jin-Hyung yelled.

"Aish!!! Stop it hyung! You can even read our messages... it's all wholesome and friendly!"
Taehyung defensively answered.

"What is this all about?" Namjoon hyung just arrived and joined the group.

"Taehyung and Irene broke up... and now he's texting Lisa." Jimin straight-forwardly answered.

"What?!" Jhope and Namjoon hyung simultaneously answered.

The whole ordeal somehow drains my energy. I just listened to their conversation as if I'm a passive spectator. Taehyung may or may not notice it but he's unsually fine and in jovial mood... and I couldn't fathom the fact that Lisa is probably the reason.

Something nettled inside me. Something unfamiliar. Something unusually irritating. My thoughts was cut off when Tae called my name...

"Kook, you're having your quarterly 'meet-up' with Lisa's team right?

....can I come with you?" My eyes widened as he caught me off guard asking me those questions.

"Yeah... sure..." I muttered.

"Yah! Taehyung seriously... you're being obvious!!!!"
Jin-hyung whined once again.

"Hahaha! Chill hyung you're being dramatic!" Tae casually laughed.

Later that night, I walked on Tae's room. To my surprise he's still on his phone smiling like a teenager. I know he's acting weird and even us couldn't understand him.

This usually don't bother me... and I'm not the type who meddle on my hyungs' business... but somehow Tae's reaction on things, especially now... annoys me.

"Oh kook! You're here...." he notices my presence but immediately returned his attention to the phone.

"Uhm yeah, I was about to tell you... we will meet Lisa's team tomorrow 12 noon." I told him.

"Okay..." he replied with small smile on his face.

Before I leave the room I heard him hum our song...

what the heck did Lisa do to him?