Used to

Jungkook

*Flashback

It was the summer night of 2016 when 97' liner boys had another random samgyeopsal and soju night. It was Kim Mingyu from Seventeen called the random meet ups, telling the group for some "tea".

"Yooow! JK! Congrats on your 3 songs! It's on fire!!!" Yugyeom welcomed me with a fist pump.

"Speak for your 'Hard Carry', Yeom!" I patted his back.

I saw Jaehyun, DK and Eunwoo seriously gossiping, when they noticed our arrival.

"Dude! You're both here now. Here... help your selves with gogi first. We're waiting for Mingyu and Bambam." As Jaehyun motioned us the seats.

"Who do we owe this random eat out to? Heard Mingyu got some 'tea' to spill...and where is that one idiot, aren't you together in one dorm, Yeom?" As DK asked for Bambam.

"Oh Bambam will be here soon... he's just sending his family to their hotel." Yugyeom casually said as he take one shot of soju.

A moment later Mingyu arrived with crestfallen expression of his face. He immediately sat across me as I gave him a shot of soju.

"Must be thirsty... here..." I said.

"So Kim Mingyu, what's the tea?" As Eunwoo nonchalantly flipped the grilled meat.

"We've got another 'mortality'..." as he gulped another shot.

"Who is it this time?" Eunwoo curiously asked.

"Kim Hanbin." The table became silent contemplating how on earth it Mingyu knew.

"Was it brutal?" DK humorously broke the silence, which earned a stifled giggle from the group.

"Actually, it was not.. Lisa broke to him in a... subtle way. Saying she don't want to ruined their friendship." Mingyu explaining to the group.

"Maaan, that was hard... either way...it's hard. Better keep your 'infatuation' to yourself, Gyu, until you're brave enough to be rejected that way." Jaehyun jokingly teased the downhearted Mingyu, as he took another shot.

"How 'bout you, Kook... so we've heard about fancams and ship called 'LisKook'.  Hahaha! Man, I'm telling you those were crazy..." as DK try to poke a fun on me.

I was guilty, I admired Lisa from afar. Her dedication, hardwork and resilience amazes me. Not to mention, I like her style, her swag, her talent and stage presence.  Her warmth, her smile, her energy that radiates and affects everyone around her. Her kindness and child-like ways that could make you... want her forever by your side... and yours alone.

But I'd rather die than admit these... besides, one whipped fool, named Kim Mingyu, is enough for our group. I'd rather admire her secretly, just to deduct myself from her shameless 'fanboys'.

The smart thing to do is to... deny.

"Tsk! She's just a friend... I don't like her that way... it can't be. Besides IU-noona is my ideal type. She's far from that..." as I took another shot.

"If you say so, Kook! Haha!" DK resignedly grin.

A moment later Bambam came in with Duty-free shopping bags and some designer luxury brand paper bags from his family.

"Yoooo bitches!!!" As he exhaustedly dropped the items beside our table.

"Have you seen Lisa arrived? I was going to meet her here to give those..." as he gestured towards the shopping bags.

*Present

We were seated in our private jet going to Thailand as I rub and gently massaged my aching muscles from recent work-out. Damn Witch! She's trying to kill me.

"Kook? Are you training for Olympics to be that sore?"As Taehyung haphazardly took the seat beside me while giving his divided attention to me and his... phone.

"Tsk! I just forgot to do extensive warm-up, Tae." As I rolled my eyes but before I could retract... a certain name caught my eyes from Taehyung's mobile screen.

Lisa.

"Tae, aren't you a little too obvious with your 'crush'?" As I side-eyed glance him, noticing how he slightly blushed.

"What are you talking about, Kook... we were just catching up.. besides she actually invited us to their family's private villa for lunch one of these days."
He boyishly explained.

"Tsk! So I see... you're close enough to be invited to meet her parents huh?" I beratedly said.

"Have I mentioned 'us' earlier? No need to be jealous Kookieyah! And besides we met 'eomma' already once. Remember?" As he childishly cooed at me.

"Yah! You must be joking! Tsk!" I infuriatingly throw a neck pillow to his direction landing directly to Taehyung's face.

"Yah!!!" He yelled.

"Heard about Lunch invitation! Wazzup?!" As Jimin joined us and settled on his seat, together with RM and Jin-Hyung.

"Hyung, Lisa invited us for lunch... yeah I know what you're all thinking... but technically... we're family right. If Jisoo will give Jin-hyung a chance." As he wiggled his eyebrows to Namjoon-hyung while taking side glances at slightly irritated Jin-hyung.

"Yah! Kim Taehyung... let me remind you. My neck is at stake if you're planning on hitting Lisa." As Jin-hyung whine over and over again.

"Hyung you're crying like a broken records..." Taehyung eyerolled, earning a chuckle and laugh from Jimin and Jhope.

"I'm just reminding you...besides it's my responsibility as Lisa's future-brother-in-law" Jin-hyung sassily rebutted.

Jeez, truly maturity never comes with age.

"Tae, you say Lisa invited us? Including this punk right here?" As Jin-hyung shamelessly pointed me out.

"Oh she doesn't have much choice... her mom's bias is Jungkook... but I'm planning to change her preference though." As Taehyung gave us his boxy grin and wink.

I do remember Lisa's mom, a very sweet and kind woman... a complete opposite to her daughter...now.
I remember her when Bambam introduced her to us once, during our concert tour in Thailand. I was surprised to know almost all of Lisa's family and friends are 'Armies'. They're respectful enough to conceal our connections.

If I was my younger self, I would be proud and giddy to meet her again... I might actually think of her as my...Mother-in-Law.

But things changed now.

Maybe Taehyung was right... she might changed her preference.

From Lizkook to Taelice.