Chapter 5.

"Wait the both of you know each other?" Pond asks.

"Yeah. Meen used to be my roommate when we are living in the dorm together. I never expect to see you here." Phuwin replies.

"I-I thought you were dead. I wanted to visit your funeral but I was pretty busy that day. I thought you died. How are you still alive?" Meen asks.

"Actually, he didn't technically die? He was missing from work without any notice. I went to his house, nobody there and I then went to the police station. After a week, he's still missing so they just pronounce him dead." Pond explains.

Phuwin looks at Pond after the whole lie. The way Pond fabricate the story seems even scarier when he knows the truth. "So decide to follow the GPS on his phone. I mean as a boss, I got to keep track of my entire employee." Pond explains. "I follow him into one of the hill nearby. He's unconscious at some random steep."

Meen's face is surprise, he turns to Phuwin. "What did you do that you ended up there?"

"Uhh... I was just going for a hike. I slip and fell. I didn't know where my phone went when I woke up. I uhh... couldn't even move because of my ankle. I stay there screaming for a couple of hours but no one noticed me." Phuwin continues the lie. He don't even know if Meen is going to buy that story. "Then the hours turns to days. I honestly thought I'm going to die there."

"Must've been tough. So wait hold on. If I hear correctly, you're working for Mister Pond here right?" Meen asks.

"Yeah." Phuwin answers shortly. "Why?"

"You're lucky to have him as your boss. Not all bosses would go out and find out what happen to their employee. Honestly, I wouldn't even do that." Meen turns to Pond. "Thank you for keeping an eye out for him. Then when are you going to make your statement and let them know that you're alive?"

Phuwin looks down on his ankle. "Well, maybe once I can start walking normally or something. I still have to depend on Pond for a lot of stuff with my ankle being busted like this." Phuwin explains.

Meen smiles to Phuwin. "We got to catch up for good old times." Meen turns to Pond. "Well, out of good will for taking care of my friend, I'll let you in onto something. There's a competitor of yours in the bidding, he's willing to offer me up to thirty percent of the profit once the place is fully functional. So that's the highest someone has offer me. I'm sure you can offer me something more attractive."

Pond grins. "Well thank you for the heads up. I guess we will just have to wait for next month to see my counter offer."

"Of course. Anyway I'll be heading out. Thank you for seeing me this late." Meen says as he got up of the sofa.

"Allow me to see you to the door." Pond rises up from the sofa. Phuwin tugs onto his wrist. Pond looks at him with a lifted brow and Phuwin only smile widely at him. Pond let out an exhausted breath and lowers himself. "Fine. Get on."

Phuwin climbs onto Pond's back. "Thanks. I wanna see Meen off as well." Pond once again hook his hands onto Phuwin's thigh, anchoring him to Pond's body.

Meen laughs. "You should be sitting still with your condition. You're lucky your boss wouldn't mind carrying you on his back."

Bam automatically cleans up the table as the three of them walk towards the main door. Pond tilts his head to see Phuwin's face resting on his shoulder. "Oh it's fine. I'll be sure to collect my debt soon." Pond replies, squeezing playfully onto Phuwin's thigh.

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you working as, Phuwin?" Meen asks.

"Nothing much. I'm just an admin boy." Phuwin replies.