Chapter 12.

"That Meen, he put up my parent's land for investing without even telling me." Duean complains. "I already told him that I'll think about it and get back to him but he refuses to listen. He went ahead without letting me know."

"But why do find you the bidders instead of Meen himself?" Pond asks.

"If I could do that, I wouldn't even be here. When he found out that I knew about it, he quickly disappears. I got no choice but to find the bidders and tell them what actually happened. Among all of them, you're the only one who listens." Duean answers.

"Is there a reason why you didn't want to invest in your land?" Pond asks.

"Look, my parents just passed away a few months ago. Let me mourn for a while more until I am able to make that decision." Duean says in a low voice.

"So Meen couldn't wait for you and went along with it behind your back." Phuwin says as he figure out what happened with them. "Did he tell you why he insists on investing it quickly? I don't recall him being this impatient back then." Phuwin asks.

"He said that it'd be easier on us in the future but I don't even know how it's going to easier. Meen knows all the business and he has yet to let me mourn." Duean complains.

"So what are you going to do? I doubt you're just here to let us know that it's not for sale." Pond asks.

"Since Phuwin is here, if Meen ever comes back to contact you, do you think you can help me tell him about our conversation? It's my land. The papers are still with me and I can just disappear without a trace and put him on the spot during that bidding." Duean answers.

"Then why not do that? He's the one that started all of it." Pond replies. "If you were to disappear, things are going to go really bad for him and his company. That would teach him a lesson or two about it."

Duean let out a sigh. "Why are you guys trying to bid for it anyway? Aren't you guys rich enough already?"

"I want to make a resort at your place. The location is good, the beach is pure and the nearest town is about half an hour away. It'd be a good place to put a resort. I already have an amount in my head to bid for it." Pond replies.

"Out of curiosity, how much do you have to offer?" Pond asks.

"Are you letting me have the priority?" Pond asks.

"Maybe." Duean answers.

Pond looks at Bam who has been silent throughout the whole conversation. Pond looks at Phuwin who is sitting beside him and he thinks through on what he has to offer. Pond has many reasons to low ball Duean and set his expectations as high as the sky when Pond is only offering the lowest.

Pond let out a long breath. "Look, you're Phuwin's friend. I can tell that you're clueless about business as well and I don't want to take advantage of your parent's passing. So this is what I have to offer, eight hundred million on the spot and a very small percentage of profit per month after the resort has been opened." Pond answers honestly, he hides a couple of hundred millions at the back of his head for any emergency if it were to happened.

Duean eyes widens as if it's about to burst out of his head. "That much?!" Duean yells out.

"Yes, that will all be yours. When it comes to constructing the resort, it will be coming out from me. But since it is a bidding from the land and investment, the whole land wouldn't be mine and I'll still have to pay you for it per month, hence why I offered a very small percentage of the profit. Which would usually be less than a percent."

"Even if it is less than a percent, it is still quite a lot." Duean replies. "Thank you for letting me know. But my decision still remain the same. I would like to mourn before deciding to sell it off. Or as you all say it, invest it off."