Chapter 17.

Pond lifts Phuwin up from the ground, allowing him to rest onto Pond's chest. "Are you okay? Please tell me you're fine." Pond asks as he sees the boy groaning in pain, putting pressure over a bloody patch on his shirt.

"I'm doing just fine." Phuwin answers sarcastically. The pain on his shoulder is excruciating. "Is this how it feels like to get shot? It's not a nice feeling."

Pond let out a soft laugh. "Well, at least I know you're okay."

"I got shot in the shoulder! What makes you think that I'm fine?!" Phuwin yells. "Just as my leg is about to heal, now I can't even use my left arm. I mean I can but it hurts like hell." Phuwin applies pressure on the wound, trying to stop the bleeding.

Pond looks at Bam who is pointing the gun at Mix as he is talking on the phone. "Bam, can you handle this on your own?" Pond asks. Bam nods as she gestures for Pond to go away with her other hand. "I'll carry you to the room and call the doctor immediately."

Before Phuwin could say anything, Pond lifts him up from under his leg and back. The blood spills out onto Pond's shirt. He could tell that if he don't stop the bleeding soon, Phuwin is going to be in big trouble. He quickly got into the house and put Phuwin onto the sofa.

"Let me see." Pond asks. Phuwin removes his hand from the wound but he couldn't see it because of his shirt. "I'm going to rip this off you." Pond says before tearing the shirt away from Phuwin. He takes the clean part of the shirt and tears it. He wraps around the wound and ties it tightly.

Phuwin groans in pain. "Is it supposed to be that tight?" Phuwin asks.

"Yes." Pond takes out his phone and puts it onto his ear.

Phuwin knows that he's probably going to call the same doctor that came to treat his leg the other day. "What about the guards that's upstairs?" Phuwin asks, afraid that they might be a problem later.

"No worries. I've taken away their gun and they won't be much of a threat with Mix outside getting punished by Bam." Pond answers. Pond talks over the phone asking the doctor to come over quickly. Phuwin pushes himself up with his good hand, looking at Pond.

Pond puts down the phone after the quick conversation. "You shouldn't get up when you're injured." Pond advices.

"Please. I'm not a child. If you weren't my boss, I'd be calling work to get my off. But thankfully you are my boss so I don't have to explain to you what just happened." Phuwin say as he leans back into the sofa. Phuwin is trying to crack jokes to distract him from the pain.

Pond smiles at Phuwin's optimism despite being shot on the shoulder. "Do you want a raise or a month off from work again?" Pond asks.

"Both would seem nice." Phuwin bounces his brows at Pond.

"I'll get the guards up stairs and throw them out. I wouldn't have thought that Mix would have resort to something like this. It only proves that people would kill for it." Pond states.

"Yeah. There are some people who got killed because of it. However, they weren't Mix's doing. Even he knows better than to kill off the owner of the company." Bam says as she walks down the stairs, dragging all five men behind her.

"Since when were you there?" Phuwin asks.

"I walked by while you were still in Pond arms. Don't worry about mix. I shot his left foot and his left shoulder. Even if he tries to get away, he wouldn't make it far." Bam replies.

"I should've done more to him. He shot Phuwin." Pond angrily replies. "Maybe I should since you already clean up upstairs." Phuwin grabs onto Pond's hand and pulls him down to the sofa. Phuwin shakes his head as Pond looks at him. Pond let out a sigh.