Chapter 9.

Phuwin is at a dilemma on his own. He wants to be alone but at the same time, he's too afraid to be alone. The same pictures of dead people keep playing in his head again and again like a broken recorder.

Pond watches the shirtless boy as Phuwin locks his eyes to the floor. "If you're going to stay in the bathroom, the best you could do is take a bath as well." Pond says as he heads over to the bathtub and starts filling it up with water. Pond couldn't remember when was the last time he used it. He usually just takes a quick shower and leave.

Phuwin watches him as Pond pours the soap into the running water. Phuwin could see the steam coming out of the bathtub. The scent of the soap that Pond just put in starts to fill the room and Pond could see bubbles forming up. "Give it awhile then you can go take your bath. I'll just head over to the guest shower room." Pond says.

Phuwin grabs onto Pond's ankles as he is about to leave. Pond looks at Phuwin who is curl up on the floor. "Stay. I'm too scared to be alone." Phuwin requests. "I don't know how you handle all of this but I'm not you."

Pond gets onto his knees and could see how sad and afraid Phuwin is through his eyes. Pond puts his hands onto Phuwin's cheeks. "Look, I was like you once as well but I have to do what I did in order to survive. I know it was my fault to throw you that body just as you are forgetting about yesterday but it's the only way to protect you from any stray bullets." Pond makes sure that their gaze meets as he explains it, he wants Phuwin to understand from his point of view. "I can't have you getting hurt on my behalf. It's not fair for you."

Phuwin forces a smile. "Thank you. I feel slightly better now." Phuwin didn't know how much responsibility Pond feels each time he's out with Phuwin. He could tell that just by being there, it's putting a lot of stress onto Pond.

"Anyway your bath is filled up. Go and sink yourself in there. Just let me know when you need anything, I'll put the phone near you. Also please take care of your leg, don't put too much pressure on it." Pond advices.

Phuwin presses his hands against the floor as he uses his body strength to push himself up. Pond stands before him, offering a hand. Phuwin grabs it without any hesitation, he definitely needs the help. "Turn around while I take off my clothes." Phuwin instructs.

Pond lifts a brow. "You still want me to stay?" Phuwin nods in return. Pond let out a breath and turns around, facing away from Phuwin. Despite the serious conversation he has with Phuwin, it was hard for Pond to look away from Phuwin's bare body and it's taking everything he has not to tease Phuwin about it.

Pond hears the water splashing around behind him with a long satisfying breath that comes along with it. "You can turn now." Phuwin says as he sinks himself into the foam of bubbles and warm water. Phuwin has never sink himself into a tub before and this is first time. He feels relaxed and the heat is slowly absorbing his problems away.

Pond looks at Phuwin with his head only visible while the foam covers the rests of his body. Pond curses himself for putting too much soap into it. He would love to see Phuwin's bare body. He looks at the mirror and thinks to himself that it isn't only the mirror that is fogging up, it's his brain too.

Pond walks over to Phuwin and sits on the edge of the bathtub, unbuttoning the first few buttons of his shirt. The heat steam in the bathroom is getting to him, either that or the image of Phuwin without any clothes on is making him sweat uncontrollably.

"What's wrong? Why are you taking off your shirt?" Phuwin asks as he watching Pond peel of his shirt.

Pond throws his shirt to the floor and starts taking out his belt. "It's hot in here. The steam is filling up the room and I can feel myself sweating." Pond replies. "Better scoot over, I'm joining you." Pond says.