Kinonoya ⸝⸝ Screw Basketball

The sky was grey and blue, darkened still as the sun still needed to arise. The creaks of the gym doors being open could be heard from a mile away, as birds let out their early morning caws and workers in their cars honked their car horns. Kinoshita practiced his sets right at the wooden walls of the gym, hitting back and forth with the work of his finger tips. Slightly caressing the balls each and every time before over powering it only to hit again and again.
Occasionally he did end up playing a couple rounds with the basketball alone.

He caught his breath, only to stare down at the basketball, grabbing it from the floor, only to casually dribble around, make a shot and right into the hoop. A perfect shot. A small 'woo!' escaped his lips, the energy running through his body, as he found himself making more and more shots ; a motivation. That was before the loud creaks of the gym doors opening had creaked him right in the middle of his shooting sessions.
As he turned around, hearing the basketball hit right at the polished wooden gym floors, he saw the well known short stature libero.
Nishinoya. His nose was a bright tinted red, whereas his cheeks beamed with red overlay. The mornings were cold,, even frigid sometimes, but that didn't stop the gym from its warm and welcoming atmosphere that would only pull you in.

Nishinoya's head shot up, staring at Kinoshita, he wasn't expecting him out of everyone on the team to be here today, yet here he was, a smile left his lips. "Hey Kinoshita!" He energetically called, running up to him in his thin sweats and baggy white shirt, paired up with the Karasuno Team jacket. "Oh, hey Noya." Kinoshita waved.
Noya perked his head up, staring at the basketball, resting between Kinoshita's hands. "You play basketball?" He asked, somewhat impressed somewhat shocked.

Kinoshita stuttered, "Ah- not really no, just sometimes, I guess, heh," he said awkwardly. Noya only beamed a bright smile in response, "Well I'm sure you're great at it even if it's sometimes!" Kinoshita blinked, wondering how one could be ever so energetic in the morning. Does he drink coffee every morning?
"Would you wanna play some with me? Just to pass time." Kinoshita smiled softly, staring at Noya. "I'm sure I'll ace this sport!" Noya said competitively.

Within seconds Kinoshita was dribbling the ball against the wooden gym floors, whilst Noya tried to steal the ball from him best he could, 5-6 feet away from the hoop Kinoshita made a shot, effortlessly getting it in.
"Woah, that was so cool!" Noya said, a tone ringing in awe. "You're good at basketball ; better than you said." He nudged at the taller boy's shoulder, watching as Kinoshita blushed softly from the friendly praise.
Soon enough Nishinoya was the one dribbling, and as much as he tried through his rounds - it was either Kinoshita would steal the ball or - he'd aim a perfect seeming shot.
Only to watch it ricochet against the red hoop, or just hit against the white board, earning a bounce on the ground and a strike of a interaction between the hoop and ball.

In less than 20 minutes Noya found himself pouting childishly. "That was fun and all but hey quit being good!" He said light heartedly towards the taller one, who was laughing as the shorter one pouted in defeat. "I ain't a sore loser but hey cmon!"
Kinoshita smiled as he quit his laughter, "Hm fine, maybe that's enough basketball? You look worn out." He passed a blue water bottle towards the team libero.
"Yeah yeah that's enough," Nishinoya sighed in defeat. "Screw basketball." He pouted.
"Well you'll get better soon I'm sure of it."
"Oh shut up Kino, you're too good at it." Noya rolled his eyes playfully, sipping onto the water.
"Well we could be good at it together y'know," Kinoshita chuckled, only to give Noya a pat on the back.
"At least you tried." He said in a low and calm tone.
"Yeah yeah at least I tried." Noya smiled softly, hiding his face in his sleazy shirt, his face dusted in light tones of pink.

     Sorry yet again for the delay! Hope you all enjoyed, drink water, eat your meals, stay safe 🤍

726 words~