Chapter 13

Thirteen.

Why is it so heavy to feel nothing?

Because of the suffocation that I've felt inside our house, I decided to visit my friend, Margarette, and bring some of my things with me. I don't need to inform my parents about it. They just simply don't care about me, and it's fine.

It's not like it's end of the world.

It's always Elaine Fonsesca, the best daughter for them.

"Inom tayo..."

Lumipat ang tingin ko kay Margarette. My brow arched in confusion. She hates drinking. She tried it twice pero ayaw raw niya talaga ng lasa nito, and now, she's inviting me to drink? In what reason?

"'Te, kung dahil 'yan sa performance mo sa school, h'wag mo nang subukan. Pagsisisihan mo na naman 'yan bukas," I sipped on my coffee while reviewing my papers.

"No, I really want to try. Baka this time, magustuhan ko na ang lasa." She argued. "And it's not because of my academic's performance! You think I'd drink because of that?"

"P'wede rin, kapag nape-pressure ka."

Her face was distorted with disgust. Inirapan lang ako nito at hindi pinansin ang aking sinabi.

"If you don't want to drink, just watch me drinking," she pleaded. "I used to do that when you was so devastated and you want to drink but I can't drink with you since I'm not fond of alcohol. Baka ngayon, magustuhan ko na."

Nanliit ang aking mga mata sa kan'yang sinabi. She sounded so desperate. She isn't usually like this. Baka may pinagdadaanan 'tong kaibigan ko, at tingin niya madadaan niya sa alak. We really like to escape and forget our problems. I just wish we could forget them forever.

I sighed. "Ano'ng oras?"

"Are you g tonight? Are you done with your outputs?" She started fixing her things and putting it inside her bag.

"Hindi pa pero kaunti na lang 'to. I can do this tomorrow."

I feel so comfortable in their house. I feel so welcomed and accepted by them. If only I could live here... but I will never abandon my own family just for my own sake. Disappointed na sila sa akin. Ayaw ko nang madagdagan pa 'yong disappointments nila sa akin. Pagod na pagod na akong tumingin sa mga dismayadong nilang mga mata.

"If you have problem, you can tell me about it, okay?"

"I don't have. I just want to experience some things that I haven't experienced yet."

I shrugged my shoulders and just let her what she wants to do. She informed me that she'll just get drinks from his Dad's room and she'll bring it here in her room. Nagligpit ako ng mga gamit naming dalawa at inayos ang kan'yang kuwarto habang hinihintay siya. When I finished cleaning her room, I get my phone to entertain myself but seconds later, I received a message from Seferino Zavion.

My lips curved into a thin line. This is getting interesting.

From: Zavion

Hi, are you busy?

Napanguso ako. I quickly typed for a reply and send it immediately.

To: Zavion

Nandito ako kina Margarette. Iinom kami. Sali ka? Mukhang problemado 'yong bff natin, e.

From: Zavion

G, punta ako. Tapusin ko lang 'to.

To: Zavion

Okay pi.

He didn't reply after that. Sakto rin namang pumasok si Margarette, may bitbit na iilang bottles at inilapag 'yon sa kan'yang maliit na mesa. She quickly opened the drinks and poured an estimated amount of it in our glasses. Inabot niya 'yong akin ngunit nilapag ko muna sa aking tabi 'yong baso. Diretso niyang nilagok 'yong kan'ya. She looked at me after that but she immediately shifted her gaze into her glass.