Chapter 22

Twenty-two.

Express your feelings through art. A lot of people are still surviving because of painting, stories, and songs that keep them at peace when the world around them is in chaos.

Laking pasasalamat ko sa mga kanta na laging naiintindihan ang nararamdaman ko, sa mga palabas na kaagapay ko tuwing nalulungkot ako, at sa mga larawan at quotes na nagpapaalala sa aking lumaban pa— sa maikling salita, sa sining na nagbigay kulay sa madilim kong mundo noon.

It was powerful. It was beautiful. I don't even know how we could live without them. Let's just say, there's science but art is giving you a peace, a fulfillment, a contentment, and a happy heart— the therapy that we need whenever we're having a breakdowns.

"What the hell is this, Elvira? Bakit sobrang dikit niyo naman ni Zavion sa latest upload niya?!"

"Uh... kasi boyfriend ko siya?" I answered quietly.

It took her a while to understand what I've just said. Umawang ang kan'yang labi at nanlalaki ang kan'yang mga mata nang ibaling niya ang kan'yang tingin sa akin.

"T-tangama? Kailan pa?!" She put down her phone on the table and quickly walk toward me. She shook my shoulder, forcing me to tell her more about it.

"Last week," maikli kong sagot. "Pasensya ka na, bff, kung 'di ko agad nasabi sa 'yo," nanunuya kong dugtong.

"How?! Bakit wala akong kaide-ideya?! Bakit hindi sinabi sa akin ni Zavion 'tong parte na 'to?" She said in disbelief. "Ang daya! I was her supporter since day one, and then
he didn't even dare to mention this to me?!"

I chuckled. "I've already gave you a hint last day. Hindi mo lang pinansin..."

"Because I thought..." Her eyebrows furrowed. "Hmp. Friendship over."

I just laughed to tease her more. I know that she was just joking about the friendship over thingy. Sa gan'tong edad namin, wala na kaming panahon para roon. She crossed her arms over her chest and flipped her hair in front of me. My brow arched in amusement. Humalumbaba ako at hinintay ang susunod niyang sasabihin.

"Wait ka lang diyan, Elvi. Magiging taken na rin ako," she winked at me.

"Walang true love sa internet love, 'te."

"Pass," she quickly answered. "Kapag internet love, pass. Ayaw ko ng iki-kiss lang ako sa messenger, gusto ko 'yong kiss sa personal," she giggled.

I laughed hard when I heard her unusual tone. Mukhang natauhan na 'tong si Margarette. Hanggang talking stage na lang siya at papalit-palit pa ng kausap. Sometimes, I don't get her. Gusto niya maging taken pero takot siya sa commitment. She witnessed how much I suffered because of love, thus because of my experience, she's now afraid of taking risk when it comes to love.

I can't blame her. The first time she gave her heart into someone, it was failed and that man broke her heart. Ayaw na niyang sumubok muli dahil doon.

"Watch me, Elvira, mas mabilis pa ako sa kidlat kung magka-love life," she smirked.

I only chuckled and nod my head, forcing myself to believe her.

Of course, kung mayro'n mang madaling makuha ang babae, 'yong mga lalaki 'yon. And in Margarette's case, hindi mahirap para sa kan'ya ang makahanap dahil marami namang nanliligaw sa kan'ya.