TRY OUTS

A P R I L

After school, Atsumu walked Suzume to the gym for try outs.

"Atsumu-kun, what's your favourite colour?" She asked as she tossed him a pack of pocky to share. He took a few out before handing the box back to her.

"Hmm I gotta say red, well, maroon."

"Favourite number?"

"Seven."

"Food?"

"Fatty tuna."

"..."

"Hmm, I like that you answer without hesitation, it's fun." She giggled, a sound which made the boys heart race just a little faster. 'She has a beautiful laugh' he thought.

He found her questions amusing. They were the sort of questions you'd ask someone when you were a kid, or just things that you find out randomly. He couldn't help but admit that these were also the kinds of things he enjoyed asking or doing but hadn't because Osamu would tell him it was childish.

'But what's wrong with childishness from time to time huh?'

When they arrived at the gym, they, well Atsumu, was swarmed with crowds of girls.

"Ah so you really do have a lot of fangirls." She whispered before the girls could reach the pair and Atsumu nodded.

"Yup- wait, have they said stuff about me already?" His voice raised an octave as he panicked. She laughed before holding a finger to her lips and sending him a wink.

"Atsumu-kun! How was your break?!"

"We missed you Atsumu-senpai!"

"We can't wait to see you play again!"

The fans glare at the dark haired girl who had walked in next to him. She simply laughed, completely obliviously to the situation before making her way over to the girls who appeared to be trying out.

There was one person in particular she just couldn't wait to see. She looks around, and her eyes land on the blonde-haired girl.

"Susu-chan!" Suzume calls out excitedly. The girl known as Natsuki Suzuya looks around confused until her eyes land on the dark-haired girl that had just called her nickname and her eyes go wide.

"Oh my gosh! Suzu-chan!" She calls excitedly and the two run to embrace each other.

Osamu had been shooing away their fans as Atsumu came to rest beside him in confusion as he watched the two girls across the gym hugging like their lives depended on it.

Osamu shared the same expression.

"Does that girl know everyone or what?" Osamu asked and Atsumu shrugged having also thought the same thing.

"I- I can't believe you're here!" Suzuya exclaimed finally pulling away from the olive eyed girl.

"Well, it was a rather sudden decision that I was moving schools, but I just knew I had to come here so I could have your sets." Suzume admitted with a wink, a light blush resting on her cheeks that made Suzuya squeal.

"I- I didn't know you were serious about my sets! W- wait! You really think that highly of me?" Suzuya asked feeling more than beyond flattered.

Suzume simply nodded with honesty, she was never one to lie. Honesty ran in the family after all.

Suzuya felt moved by the girl that she also held very highly in her books, higher than herself and she found herself with tears in her eyes as she started to cry.