BIRTHDAY GIRL

D E C E M B E R

"Morning little fox."

"Atsumu? Why are you here so early?" The girl whined in her morning voice as she sleepily rubbed her eyes.

"Because it's New Year's Eve! Which means yer birthdays tomorrow!" Atsumu was always so chipper in the mornings. In Suzume's case it was only possible if she had volleyball, which she didn't.

"Yes, tomorrow? So not today." She went to lay back down but Atsumu sat her back up, wrapping his arms around her.

"Well, we're all going to the beach for the day, well and night of course." He knew she didn't have anything planned for it, so he talked with the others about having a beach day and they all agreed.

"All?"

"Yeah, the boys and girls volleyball teams. We're gonna pack food, drinks, fireworks and a volleyball net of course."

Suzume's eyes lit up and Atsumu couldn't help but chuckle.

"Really?!"

"Really."

"Wow! I can't wait! Let's go then!" She said hopping out of her bed forgetting that she was only in shorts and a bra.

Atsumu gulped before grabbing her hand to stop her.

"Ya ain't going dressed like that."

They had had a glorious day of fun, games, food and a lot of volleyball.

It was starting to get dark so as a surprise, The boys lit up the net with fairy lights while the girls distracted Suzume. When they got the ok to go back Suzume was taken aback.

"Oh my gosh this is amazing!" She exclaimed as she ran over to thank the boys. They all smiled, happy to see such a bright smile on the girls face but Atsumu was the happiest.

"I bet yer face is startin' to hurt from all that smilin'." The blonde teased and she playfully glared before dragging him onto her side of the net.

"Come on, set for me." She begged and he raised a brow.

"Eager, are we?" He teased, a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Well, I can always be on Susu-chan's team..." she said as she ducked under the net, but he grabbed her elbow.

"Not so fast! I'll set for ya! Promise no funny business." He said hastily.

"Hmm that's what I thought."

Volleyball had been fun. Suzume had ended up swapping positions with Atsumu and setting for him while he spiked. Sure, she wasn't the greatest at setting but she managed to give him some good ones...

And some bad ones too which resulted in her being scolded by the blonde.

It wasn't long now until the clock would strike midnight, so Suzuya decided to break her bestie's cake out early. She handed the first slice to Suzume of course, but before she could even start eating the cake Atsumu slipped her plate from her.

"Hey!"

"What's yers is mine darlin'." He said with a smirk as he ate her slice of cake in front of her. Suzume pouted before getting an idea.

As she watched her boyfriend eating her slice happily, she ever so gently pushed his face down when he opened his mouth. He gasped as his face smudged into the soft fluffy dessert.

Suzume along with the others giggled and his jaw dropped as he turned to see his girlfriend giggling at him.

"Ya got it in my hair!" The boy whined before his face turned dark. "Yer gonna regret that little fox." He warned.