THE NUMBER 7

M A Y

...The Next Day...

Suzume held up her black jersey that had the number 7 printed on it in white.

She looked over at Suzuya who also held a matching jersey, but instead with the number 8 printed on it.

They had done it, they had made the team. Not only that, but they had made the starting line-up.

They had braved it out, after a lot of convincing from Suzume and they managed to pull off the quick flawlessly, and not just once, but at least four times. The third years were beyond impressed with the two that they just had to start them.

"We did it!" Suzuya exclaimed as she hugged the olive eyed girl.

The boys looked down from the bleachers, impressed with the girls for making it, although Atsumu already knew there was no chance Suzume wouldn't make it in, little own make the starting line-up. I mean they would have had to have been crazy not to.

"I knew we would." Suzume stated confidently.

"I- I can't thank you enough. Thank you so much for pushing me." The light-haired girl sniffled and Suzume waved her off giving her another hug.

"Hey, we couldn't have done it without each other. Plus, you're my forever setter!" She exclaimed but a loud voice interrupted them.

"Hey! That's my title!" Atsumu cuts in as he comes to stand next to Suzume. They hadn't even noticed them come down from the bleachers.

"No, it's mine!" Suzuya argued sending him a dirty look.

Suzume giggled when she felt her phone ring and she pulled it out, a smile gracing her lips.

"Who's callin?" Atsumu asked curiously.

"It's my mother, give me a sec." she beamed and Atsumu nodded.

"Hey mom!"

"Suzu! How are you?! How did try outs go?" Her mother knew today was the selection day and she couldn't wait a second longer to find out how it went.

"I made the starting line up-"

"THAT'S MY BABY! I KNEW YOU WOULD! Oh you have to come to Miyagi so we can celebrate!" Her mother chimed and Suzume giggled at her mothers excitement.

"Did you hear that Wakatoshi?!"

"Yeah, I heard you screaming. Congrats little bird, I knew you would." Her brothers voice sounded through the phone and she felt a little more proud of herself hearing his words.

"Thanks nii-chan."

"Well, I just wanted to hear how it went. I'm meant to be going to a yoga class but I'm late, whoops! I'll call you later on my darling, I love you! And I'm so proud!"

"Thanks mom, I love you too, tell nii-chan I love him!"

"I will, bye darling!"

"Bye!"

Suzume hung up the phone and went back over to her friends. Atsumu slung a heavy arm over the smaller girl, causing her to gasp at the weight.

Suzume's eyes linger on Atsumu, she was grateful he had come to watch. He sent her a wink before looking at his twin and then to the 'number 8' setter which was their signal for 'Operation Susamu'.

"Hey! Ya know what? I think we should go get lunch to celebrate!" Atsumu suggests as he gently tugs on Suzume's hair. 

"Me too! I think that's a great idea. Let's go!" She agrees. Atsumu pushes Osamu while Suzume pushes Suzuya towards the door and before either of them can complain.