COMPROMISES

M A Y

On Oikawa's last day in Hyogo, he had managed to convince Suzume to go and get milk bread with him instead of training for the first time in weeks, and the girls in the squad thanked him for it.

"So, how's things with Mr Perfect?" Oikawa asked and she froze almost choking on her food.

"Why are you talking about him?" She said getting all defensive and the brunette shook his head as he watched her get flustered.

"Did something happen?"

"M- maybe, but who cares."

"I'm pretty sure you do." He states matter of fact, and she rolled her eyes at him.

"For some reason I still can't seem to get over what happened."

"Well, it's because you really loved him, and it's rather obvious you still do."

"If that were true, wouldn't that mean I'd want to forgive him?"

"I'm not sure. Every person is different in the way they love. Maybe your brain is just telling you to protect yourself. And that he can't be trusted anymore."

Atsumu had followed them, obviously and was now spying from afar. However this didn't go unnoticed by the brunette and he had to contain his laughter at how blatantly obvious he was.

"I think a part of it is because I'm scared he was right." She confessed and Oikawa looked at her like she was crazy. "I've been training so hard and I'm afraid that if I let him back in then I'll go backwards. It's my last year, I don't have time for anything else."

"Look, you need to make time for things other than volleyball." He wasn't impressed by the way she thought volleyball was the only thing to life, even though he thought in a similar way. She clearly did to because she looked at him with a raised brow. "Believe it or not but I do too!" He added defensively.

"Well, I suppose you do spend a lot of time with Iwaizumi-kun, and your fangirls." She teased and he felt a blush reach his cheeks at her calling him out for that. He didn't realise she had paid that much attention.

"I know I'm as much of a volley idiot as you, but I do make time for other things. It's all thanks to Iwa-chan that I do. If I didn't, I'd probably be injured and out of volleyball. You remember what happened to my knee right? I don't want something like that to happen to you too." His words hit her and she dropped her head to faceplant on the table.

"Argh, as always, you're right."

"By the way, that pretty-boy setter of yours has been spying on us this whole time so I'm going to go ahead and pour some gasoline on this."

Her head shoots up and looked around before she turns back to Oikawa with a confused look.

"What?- mph!" He leaned forward quickly placing a kiss on her lips and she pulled away surprised.

"Oi-Oikawa!" She screamed and he smiles smugly.

Atsumu's blood boiled, jealousy over taking him as he broke cover and took a seat with them, right next to Suzume.

"Stay away from her." He warned.

"Relax Mr Perfect, it's not like she's taken." He says smiling smugly at the blonde. "Besides, aren't you dating that sad excuse for a candy cane?"

Atsumu clenches his fists and was about to argue with him when Suzume stopped him.

"Well, I'm going to head off now. Until we meet again Ushi-chan! Don't forget our little promise."