REPLACED

J U L Y

...A Few Days Later...

Atsumu and Suzume were lying on the field together after school. Volleyball was starting later tonight due to an inspection in both gyms, so they were killing time.

They had their break on Wednesday like she had promised, so it was going to be a hard hit out tonight.

She had her head resting on the setter's lap while he lay down with his head on his backpack. The two were setting to each other, like their regular occurrence.

The blonde setter still got butterflies every time they touched, it was something he now craved.

"Would you rather eat a raw onion or raw garlic?" She asked and Atsumu scrunched his face at the horrid thought.

"Ew, garlic I guess."

"Favourite chip flavour?"

"Hmm... Don't have one."

"Pocky or mochi?"

"Pocky."

"Just kidding, I already knew that one considering you always steal mine. Is your room clean or messy?"

"I could show ya if you'd like?" He offered slyly and she rolled her eyes lightly pinching his leg before setting the ball back up and he flinched.

"Ah! Okay fine... Clean." Atsumu said almost breaking his concentration and Suzume snorted.

"Liar."

"I'm not lyin'!"

"If you lie then you owe me brown sugar milk tea for a year-"

"Ok! Ok fine! I'm messy. Not as messy as 'Samu though." He sassed and she giggled at his childishness.

"Knew it."

"Why do ya always ask these questions?" Atsumu let his curiosity take over.

"You don't like them?" She quipped a brow.

He chuckles lightly shaking his head even though she couldn't see him.

"I love em', they just always come outta nowhere." He hummed.

"It's just something I like to do with you, I guess." She loved learning new things about Atsumu, hence why she always asked him the questions. She also loved his quick answers and how he usually answered them honestly. Usually.

"Awww, Zume-chan's my best friend!" He exclaims loudly and she chuckles setting an extra low ball that almost hits him in the face and he shrieks.

"Ah best friend! That was mean."

She chuckles lightly. Although she can't see him, she knew he was pouting right now.

"Hey Zume-chan?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you leave Shiratorizawa?"

She caught the ball as she hadn't been prepared for such a question. Her mind instantly began thinking back to that day...

- Flashback -

"Girls gather round! I would like to introduce you to the newest member of your team." The coach said with an unfamiliar presence at his side.

The team all gathered around the new girl, there was a cocky smirk that rested on her face. She was pretty tall too, at least 6 ft, maybe even taller? 'I wonder if she's a middle blocker?' Suzume thought.