PANIC ATTACK

J U L Y

Practice had just finished for the day and Suna made his way over to talk to Suzume. The tall boy was complaining about how she had dirt on her face, wondering how it even got there so she asked him to get rid of it. Them talking after practice had been a regular occurrence and Atsumu always watched in envy.

He remembered just the other day when he had kissed her cheek right in front of her, and now this?

The way they would laugh together, make each other smile, everything was getting to him, and he was almost at his limit. So, when he saw Suna brush a strand of hair behind her ear, Atsumu couldn't handle it.

He felt the familiar feeling of his chest tightening and his hands started to feel tingly. It had been a while since he felt it.

'I can't watch this, I can't watch them.'

He headed off towards the locker rooms, people wondering what was up, Osamu went with him knowing what the issue was.

"Bro-"

"Not now 'Samu." Atsumu cut his brother off as he clumsily opened the door and shut it behind him.

Osamu caught the door with his foot and watched his brother as he rested against the wall, breaths laboured.

'I'm losing her, I'm losing her again. I can't-'

"Can ya just stand outside or somethin'? I wanna be alone." Atsumu's voice was rushed and panicked.

Osamu didn't want to abandon his other half when he was like this, but he knew there was nothing he could do to help so the best thing he could do was make sure no one else could disturb him.

Suzume grew worried after seeing the look on the blondes face as he had raced off, completely oblivious to the issue at hand.

"What's up with Atsumu?" She asked the dark haired boy.

"I don't know." He shrugged with furrowed brows. He too didn't know what the issue was with him lately, just that he was down more than usual.

Suzume waved goodbye to Suna as she followed the twins to the locker room.

"What's wrong?" She asksed when she saw Osamu outside the door, seemingly trying to block it.

"Suzume-chan..." he says, pushing his weight off the door.

"Osamu, what's wrong?" She asks again, this time more seriously but he didn't respond.

She goes in before Osamu can stop her to see him leaning against the wall, his hands resting against it as he looks down.

"I told ya to get out 'Samu!" He shouted at the person he assumed was his brother.

"Hey, what's going on?" The girl's voice rings in his ears, and he tenses.

""Z- Zume-chan?"

'Shit she's not meant to see me like this.'

"Yeah, it's me."

"You need to leave."

"Tsumi..."

"Please just go!" He shouted, and she flinched slightly at his tone, but she didn't move. She stayed deathly still, deathly quiet.

He wondered if she had left considering the eerie silence in the room besides his breathing and he felt his chest get tighter at the thought she had left him.

"Zume-chan..." he whispered under his breath as she flooded his thoughts.

"Yeah?" He was startled when he heard her voice, but he was glad that he did. "Do you really want me to go??"