SUSAMU

A U G U S T

"Hey what's wrong? Are you alright?" Suzume asked her volley twin as she came to sit next to her, a distressed look on her face.

"Yeah um... no."

She was about to ask further when the Miya twins rounded the corner heading for their table. Suzume watched as Osamu and Suzuya made eye contact, the light-haired girl tensed at the same time Osamu stopped in his tracks.

"What's up with ya?" Atsumu questioned, roughly pushing his shoulder but his brother didn't budge. Sighing, he dragged him forcefully as he wanted to see Suzume.

"What's going on?" Suzume asked but Suzuya got up, dragging her best friend along with her.

"Hey!" Atsumu called, a pout resting on his face. 'Damn girl is always stealing my Zume-chan.'

"What the hell is goin' on?" Atsumu questioned as he slumped down at the table, gazing in the direction he had seen the dark haired girl be kidnapped in.

"She confessed." Osamu said quickly. His usual deadpanned expression faltered at the same time his brother looked at him surprised.

"Hah? What did ya say?" Atsumu was surprised, more so that it was her who had done it first, but also... his brother didn't seem very happy.

"She confessed and I... I couldn't say anything." Osamu admitted making his brothers jaw drop. No words left the blondes lips as he stared at his brother in disbelief. Soon after, a short laugh left his lips which earned him a glare.

"That's not a very 'Samu thing to do now, is it?" He said as he began eating his lunch. "I thought ya had a crush on her since like... first year!"

"I have ya idiot!" He said defensively, it was almost like a role reversal.

"So, then what's the problem?"

"I just, I freaked okay! But I'm going to make it right."

"Well can ya kinda hurry up and get yer act together?!"

"Me? Get my act together? Why don't 'cha just man up and ask Suzume-chan out already then?"

"This isn't about me right now..." Atsumu looks away trying to dodge ethe question and his brother snickers.

"Yeah right, that's exactly what this is about. Ya just want more time with Suzume-chan, as if ya don't have enough already!" Osamu snickered making his brother blush. Of course, Atsumu had an ulterior motive. Because if those two were finally together, then he figured he would get more time with the dark haired girl without Suzuya coming to steal her. Osamu wasn't surprised by this in the slightest.

"Shut yer trap!"

"So, I told Osamu how I felt." Suzuya confessed to the olive eyed girl and her eyes went wide with excitement.

"Oh my gosh! What did he say?" Judging by the look on her face, it wasn't good, which confused her, and her face fell.

"He didn't say anything, he just stood there!"

"Maybe he was so shocked and in love he couldn't form words?" Suzume hopefully suggested, however the light-haired girl simply hung her head in her hands.

"I don't think so Suzu-chan, what do I do? I like him so much. No, I'm in love with him." The girl confessed. Suzume could see the pain in her best friend's eyes and her own heart ached for her.

"Look I'm sure there's got to be some sort of misunderstanding."

"Really? If so, then why couldn't he say a single thing?" Suzuya said feeling completely helpless.