NATIONALS

J A N U A R Y

"Tooru!" The dark haired girl shouted, surprised to see the tall brunette at the stadium where she was set to play soon.

"Good to see you Ushi-chan!" He walked over to her, embracing her happily while eying the blonde boyfriend who did not look very happy.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to watch you play of course!" he said obviously, and she scratched the back of her head sheepishly. 'Why else?'

"Guess I can't slack off then huh?" She fake sighed and he ruffled her hair.

"Pssh, when have you ever slacked off?" He laughed and the two continued to converse while Atsumu watched. He was already feeling on edge about playing and Oikawa being here made him even more so.

As if Suzuya could sense what he was thinking, she thwacked the back of his head causing him to groan.

"Ow! What the heck was that for?! Control yer woman 'Samu!" He cried to which his brother only gave a small shoulder shrug.

"Stop looking at them like they're about to make out or something! Don't you trust your girlfriend?" She asked with sass and he looked away annoyed.

Atsumu knew she was right. He trusted Suzume immensely and needed to stop being so childish.

"Whatever let's go. Zume-chan?" He chimed and she turned to smile brightly at him.

"Coming!" As she bid farewell to Oikawa, she made her way over to her boyfriend who's hand slid into her own.

"You ready?" He gave her hand a little squeeze and she returned the gesture.

"Of course."

The first round for the girls went great and they managed to win both sets with the last reaching a deuce that climbed into the thirties. Suzume finished the rally off with a powerful line shot that no one was able to reach.

Oikawa cheered for her just as she had for him when she went to watch his game. He was impressed by the lengths she had improved.

After the game she met up with him quickly to offer if he would like to come watch the boy's game. However, he was feeling too bitter to watch Karasuno play right now which made her giggle.

The girls quickly made their way over to the boy's match to see that they were in the third and final set, things were looking intense.

They cheered them on, but in the end, they ended up losing to Karasuno, which shocked everyone.

"No way... I've never even heard of Karasuno?" One of the girls muttered as they made their way down to the boys.

Suzume too was in shock, but she had heard about how Oikawa had lost to them, and her brother and that he had said they shouldn't be underestimated.

The boys didn't stop to talk to the girls, so they all made there way back at the hotel. Suzume was nervous to see Atsumu because she knew he would be upset with himself. She just wanted to make him feel better.

When they arrived, the first thing she did was make her way to the blonde who had gone outside for some fresh air.

"Hey, Tsumi." She said softly when his tall frame came into view.

"Hey." He said, voice dejected, he didn't even spare her a glance.

"I'm sorry about-"

"Yeah, yeah everyone's sorry. I'm sick of hearing it." He grumbled stuffing his hands into the warmth of his jacket.