OBSESSION

J U N E

"What's up babe?" Suna asked the dark haired girl which caused Atsumu's head to instantly snap in their direction. He glared at Suna who merely send him back a taunting wink.

She gave Suna the look while he only smirked and she slapped his arm playfully.

"You know I hate that nickname. Reminds me of a piggy." She pouted and he couldn't help but laugh as he ruffled her hair

"A cute piggy."

"Are you calling me fat?!" She asked incredulously. Taking her by surprise, he brushed her hair behind her ear before leaning close to it.

"I don't know where you got that from but no, I am not." His voice was so close to her ear that it had her shivering. She would never have expected Suna to do something like that and she felt her cheeks heat up. "I'm just trying to piss Atsumu off. Looks like it's working."

"R- Rin!"

She turned to see Atsumu who looked away, pretending that he wasn't intensely watching them. Suna placed a quick kiss to her cheek causing her to gasp and turn even redder.

"R- Rintaro!" She went to slap his arm again but he stepped back laughing before jogging off and sending a challenging look to Atsumu.

Atsumu felt himself getting angry and decided to make his way towards the olive eyed girl.

"What the heck was that?" He asked trying not to sound jealous, but it wasn't exactly going to plan.

"Ah, he's just spinning, ignore him." She said brushing it off.

"Do ya like him?"

"Well yeah of course. He's my friend." She deadpanned.

"No, I mean do ya like, like him?" 

"Not in that way. He's just the person closes to me at the moment." Although he was relieved to hear she didn't have romantic feelings for Suna, it still hurt him to hear that he was no longer the one closest to her.

She could detect how he was feeling, and she took a deep sigh.

"Look, you have no idea how he's been there for me." She said and he nodded, his gaze searching for the dark haired boy.

'Oh I have a pretty good idea on it.'

...

A few weeks had passed and both teams had successfully finished at the top of their Inter-High tournaments. After a long debate with herself, Suzume decided that it would be okay to maybe start training in moderation for a little while and take a break.

'When was the last time I took one?' she thought.

"Ah! This is great to see!" Atsumu chimed when she met up with him to go get some boba. He was happy to see her taking a break and she had told him all about how she had planned to do so. "Sometimes it takes more discipline to rest than it does to train."

"Yeah, I suppose your right." She sighed looking up at the clear blue sky. She still felt a strange sense of guilt though, like she was doing something she wasn't supposed to, like she was slacking.

"I know what yer thinkin' Zume-chan, don't be feelin' guilty now." He said leaning down to match her height which made her laugh.

"Are you a mind reader now or what?"

"Damn, I've been found out." He sighed and a small smile rested on her face.

"I get what ya feel, trust me. But taking breaks is important."