•1• 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐔𝐩

"Sometimes it's not the people who change, it's the mask that's falls off."

-Unknown

🥀

Your POV

I fast-walk through the streets of London to get to the restaurant where I'm planning to meet my boyfriend, Gabe. Today is our one year anniversary. I'm having trouble finding my way though, this is only my second day in London.

My heels clank against the concrete sidewalk as my curled hair bounces against my back. I pull my jacket tighter around me when a cold gust of wind hits my face. I make the last turn and I can see the restaurant. I let out a sigh of relief for actually finding it.

I walk into the restaurant and up to the waitress at the front counter.

"Hello, I have a reservation here for Y/l/n."

"Ok," she types something on the computer in front of her. "Right this way." She grabs a menu and starts walking towards a table. She sets down my menu and I see that Gabe hasn't gotten here yet.

"What can I get you to drink?" The waitress asks after I sit down.

"Uh, just water for now, I'm waiting on someone." I say kindly with a soft smile. She nods and walks away.

I pull out my phone and text Gabe.

Y/n: Hey Babe, I'm here

I don't except him to answer immediately because he may be busy at work.

The waitress comes back with my water a few minutes later. I start bouncing my leg impatiently as I wait for Gabe, he's now ten minutes late. I'm currently reading over the whole menu for the second time.

"Have you decided what you want to eat?" The waitress comes over and asks.

I look up at her, "Yes, but I'm just waiting for my boyfriend to get here."

"Oh ok." She smiles softly and walks off.

A few other tables look at me as they notice how I've been sitting here waiting by myself. I sink further down into the seat and look back at the menu in hopes that they'll look away.

Another ten minutes go by and I haven't heard anything from him. I've thought about texting him again but if he really is busy then I don't want to bother him.

This isn't the first time he's been late to one of our date nights. Normally I'm the first one to arrive. It's just never taken this long for him to show up. I start to mess around on my phone to pass the time but it's not really working. I'm also starting to get hungry. I have to fight the urge to not flag down my waitress and order.

It's now been 30 minutes and people are starting to take notice. I can see people pitying me and some even judging. I also saw one group of teen girls whispering and pointing at me. I feel so embarrassed even though there's nothing I could have done.

I finally text Gabe again but he still doesn't answer. I also tried calling but he didn't answer that either.

Then I realize, he stood me up.

I fight back tears as I open a random app on my phone. I will not cry in this public place with people I don't even know around me. I just won't, but I can still feel the stinging in the back of my eyes.

I'm focused on my phone when I hear the chair in front of me pull out. I look up and expect to be met with Gabe's green eyes but I see a man's soft brown chocolate ones instead.