•6• 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮

"Meeting you was fate,
Becoming your friend was a choice,
But falling in love with you,
I had no control over."

-Unknown

🥀

Your POV

I started to get ready for the day. I took a shower in the guest bathroom and put on the outfit I planned to wear today. Then I did my makeup and hair

 Then I did my makeup and hair

(Your outfit and makeup, if you don't like it then imagine whatever you want

(Your outfit and makeup, if you don't like it then imagine whatever you want. Your hair is also however you want)

When I'm done getting ready it's about time to go. When I leave my room I see Tom filling Tessa's water bowl up before we leave. We lock eyes for a moment and see Tom suck in a breath.

"You look nice." Tom smiles at me.

"Thank you." I smile. The compliment seemed genuine, not like he was lying to me and just wanted to compliment me. He said it like he just genuinely thought I looked nice and he wanted to tell me. "You look nice too."

He smiles and looks down, "Thank you darlin."

I nod, "You're welcome."

Tom and I go out to his car and he starts driving to the Natural History Museum. It's a fairly long drive so we spend most of the time talking and laughing. I learn about how much Tom really loves his job. The way he smiles and talks so passionately about it makes me happy. He truly is a good person who just loves what he does. It's hard to find people like now, people who are just happy, and can't help but make you happy too.

When we get there it takes us a while to find somewhere to park. We end up having a lot longer of a walk than we anticipated. When we actually get inside Tom helps me check in and finally get into the museum itself.

Tom's POV

The Natural History Museum has amazing things to look at, but I can't help but keep my eyes on Y/n and seeing her eyes fill with wonder as we look at each new thing. Every time we enter a new area I find myself watching her instead of enjoying it myself. The soft smile on her face and her eyes moving quickly to take everything in never gets old.

We end up walking around the gift shop as Y/n find things she wants to buy as souvenirs.

"Sorry I'm taking so long." She apologizes as she examines another shirt.

"Don't apologize, it's fine. It's good make sure you really want it before I buy it for you."

"Thank-- wait what? You're not paying for it." She looks at me with her brows furrowed.

"Yes I am, you paid for these tickets and gave me your ex-boyfriend's ticket. I'll pay for whatever you want from here." I say.

"You're too kind you know that?" She shakes her head and smiles.

"Only for you darlin, I know your time in London hasn't really been the best trip ever. I'm just trying my best to make the rest of your time here the best it could be."

She gives me a sad smile, "You don't have to do that you know."

"I know." I shrug. She looks at me for a moment before hugging me. I'm shocked but I hug her back. When she lets go of me her face is slightly flushed and she pushes a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Sorry" She turns away and continues to look at the shirts.

"Stop apologizing, it's okay."

She looks back at me "Ok, sorry" She smirks.

I give her an unimpressed look, she laughs and I laugh with her.

I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful smile.

✦ ✦ ✦

Your POV

Tom ended up buying me two shirts because I couldn't choose between them. He insisted he would buy me both of them if I liked them both but it took some convincing from him to finally let him buy them. Now we are walking back into his house and I am carrying a bag with two shirts while I feel guilty for making Tom spend more money on me then he needed to.

"Stop feeling guilty." Tom says. "I'm a rich big deal celebrity remember?"

"I could've paid for them."

"I've never met someone who would feel more guilty for letting someone buy something for them than you." He laughs.

"I don't know, it's just..." I look away.

Tom stops laughing, "It's just what?"

"Gabe used to make me feel really guilty whenever he would pay for stuff for me... Told me I acted like a spoiled bitch, then insisted he was joking." I look down, "Didn't feel like a joke to me."

Tom gives me a sympathetic look, "Oh darlin," He walks over to me.

"Please don't pity me, really its fine. It's probably a good thing we broke up anyways." I walk away and put the bag away in my room.

When I turn back around to leave the room Tom is standing in the doorway, still giving me that sympathetic look. "Y/n-"

"Tom don't, it's in the past, it doesn't matter." I try to walk past him but he grabs my hand.

"Tom—" I'm cut off by him pulling me into a hug. He wraps his arms around me tightly and I squeeze him back.

"Are you really okay?" He whispers.

"I don't know." I say barely above a whisper. He starts to rub my back.

"You can talk to me about it."

I pull away from him, "No you don't want to hear me complain about my life to you. We haven't even know each other for a whole week!"

"I know darlin, but you can still talk to me. Sometimes people just need to vent, I'm a good listener."

I sigh, "Are you sure?"

"Positive."

I sit down on the bed and Tom sits next to me. "Tell me about whatever you want." He says softly.

I nod, "Well he used to say stuff like that a lot. Then told me he was kidding and that I needed to learn how to take a joke. When I told Alaina and Millie, they said that what he was doing was toxic and I needed to break up with him. So I talked to him about it and he apologized, saying he would never treat me like that again, and I gave him a second chance. He really did get better, but as more time went by he went back to the way he was. Manipulative and toxic. I stayed with him because I thought I loved him. Truth is I was just in love with who I thought he could be."

"Who did you think he could be?" Tom says after a moment of silence.

"Someone kind," I look at him, "Someone like you."

Then my eyes widen at the realization of what I just said.

A/N

Ahhhh cliffhanger sorry not sorry. If you have read my story Love In Atlanta and you liked it, then you should read the sequel called Loved in Atlanta! It's out now!

Anyways thank you for reading this chapter I love you all so much ❤️❤️