•8• 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥

"We pretend to be just friends,
but we both know that isn't true."

-Unknown

🥀

Your POV

The next morning when I wake up it's way later than I thought it would be. I tried to sleep in a little but I didn't mean to sleep until 1:00 pm.

I get up and go into the kitchen, forgetting to try to make myself look at least a little bit presentable. I start getting myself something to eat.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." Tom says behind me and I jump.

I hold my hand over my heat and turn around to him, "Jesus Christ you scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry," He chuckles softly. I notice how close he really is to me when his breath fans over my face. It smells minty and as if he just brushed his teeth. "I'm surprised you slept that late."

I laugh, "Me too."

There's a moment of silence between us and I start to feel self conscious about how I look. "Sorry," I say, "I know I look like a disaster."

"I don't know what you're talking about, you look beautiful."

Tom's POV

She really did look beautiful.

She was wearing an oversized shirt that complimented her eye color. The hair falling onto her shoulders slightly messy but still gorgeous. Her face is clean of makeup and I can see her faded acne scars lightly speckled across her forehead and cheeks. Her eyes are tired but still full of light and I find myself not being able to look away from them. Her lips are slightly chapped and dry and she looks perfect.

She smiles at me and it breaks my heart a little bit to see how big she smiles from a little compliment. She smiles as if she doesn't get told that enough and it hurts because she should be told that everyday at least a thousand times, because she is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

"Thank you" She says softly.

"Of course Darlin." Y/n goes back to making herself some food. "Also maybe try to have a big breakfast because we're not having a real dinner. We'll probably not eat much at the pub so it'll be pretty late before we eat an actual meal."

"Ok." She looks at me for a second and then back down to her food.

Just then Tessa walks in and I bend down the pet her, "Hello Tess, you come to see Y/n?"

I stand back up just as Tessa jumps up at Y/n. Putting her paws on Y/n's upper thigh. Y/n steps back a bit out of surprise and I put my hand on her waist to keep her steady. A small laugh leaves her lips as she pets Tessa.

I keep my hands on her waist as she says hi to Tessa. "Hi baby," she says in a baby voice to her, "How are you?"

Your POV

Tom's hands on my waist are a little distracting but I try to keep my focus on Tessa.

I continue to pet Tessa when Tom says something, "She's really excited to see you." He chuckles in my ear, sending chills down my spine.

Tessa jumps up again at Tom's voice and I lean back a little. My back hits Tom's chest and his face is right next to mine.

Tom looks down at me and smiles, "Hi."

I try to laugh or say something but there's too much happening and I can feel Tom's breath against my face and his thumbs have started to rub soft circles on my waist and Tessa has run away so it's just us and he's warm and I feel happy like this and it's too much. So all I can say is "Hi." out of breath.

Tom looks all over my face, "You really are super pretty." He says it so quietly and comforting I can't help but smile.

"Thank you, you're pretty too." I say and cringe a little on the inside.

"Thank you sweetheart."

Sweetheart

"You're welcome."

Tom sighs, "Well you should probably get back to making yourself something to eat." He gives me a tight-lipped smile.

"Yeah I guess I should." I say and Tom lets go of my waist and steps away from me. I feel colder now without him.

"Ok, I'll be in my room if you need me." He says as he starts to walk away.

"Ok." I turn away and continue to make myself some food. My mind distracted from what just happened with Tom.

After eating I go back to my room and get ready for the day. I take a shower and change into nicer clothes for this evening. I wear the outfit I've been waiting to finally wear on this trip. After that I put on makeup and do my hair.

 After that I put on makeup and do my hair

(Your outfit and makeup, if you don't like it then imagine whatever you want, this is just to help you visualize it if you want)

I send a picture of what I'm wearing to Alaina and Millie and they love it. I haven't felt this pretty in a long time, and I think part of that is because of Tom.

Tom texts me what time we're going to leave so I have a few hours to myself. I pass most of the time texting Alaina and Millie about my time here and they keep bothering me about liking Tom.

I bite the inside of my cheek to keep from smiling at their texts. I do like him but I know my chances are really low of us actually being able to date.

But we still have about a week to find out.

A/N

Sorry about the shorter chapter but the next one will be a bit longer. Anyways I've been think about starting another story. I know I'm already writing 2 stories at the same time right now but I really want to start writing it. I'm thinking of doing a Tom x Reader Celebrity. It'll be in the form of kinda like one shots or short stories but they'll all go together. Just like random fun stories and stuff.

Lmk what you think of that story and thank you so much for reading, love you ❤️