•10• 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

"If you look carefully,
She's slowly falling in love with you, but she doesn't want you to find out,
Well not yet."

-Ry Reed

🥀

Tom's POV

After a some more drinks and a few episodes of friends later and you have me trying to get Y/n to stop drinking so she doesn't end up throwing up all over everything while she laughs hysterically at something on the tv.

She's not an annoying drunk like you would expect most people to be, she's cute.

"Im sorry." She says softly after her laughing fit.

"It's okay love," I smile, "but can I have that?" I point to the drink in her hand.

"Why?" She whines.

"I don't want you to get sick sweetheart."

She sighs and puts the drink in my hand. "Why are you always calling me those names?" She ask as I get up and put away the drink.

"Do you not like them?"

"No I really like them." She smiles as I walk back over and sit on the couch, "but do you call all girls you meet 'darling' and 'sweetheart' and stuff like that?"

I shake my head softly, "No"

"Why not? I bet they would like it too."

I laugh and shrug, "I don't know."

She squints her eyes at me like she doesn't believe my answer. "Ok whatever." She moves closer to me and sits right next me, then she turns her focus to the tv.

"C-can I lay my head on your shoulder?" She asks nervously.

"Of course, why are you scared to ask me that?"

She shrugs, "You make me nervous."

"Why do I make you nervous darling?" Did I scare her? What did I do to make her scared of me? Or does she mean nervous in a way like she has feelings for me? Because if that's what she means then she makes me nervous too.

"Cause I like you." She says.

All my thoughts stop as I try to process her words. She likes me?

Her faces turns worried from my silence, "Do you not like me back?"

"No, no, darling I-I like you. Um, do you need—I'm going to get you some water." I say quickly and get up.

"But I don't want water!"

"It'll make you feel better."

"But I feel fine." She looks at me over the back of the couch as I grab her a bottle of water.

"You won't feel fine in the morning, you need to drink water."

She tries to give me an angry look but she looks so adorable I can't help but smile. "Why are you laughing at me?"

"I'm not laughing darling, you just look cute." I start walking back over to her.

She smiles again, as if she forgot about being angry with me at all. "You look cute too."

I look away after giving her the water to hide the blush spreading across my face. "Thank you love."

I turn my attention back to the tv as Y/n starts to drink her water. After she drinks most of it she puts it down and lays her head on my shoulder.

She sighs in contentment, "You're comfortable."

"Thank you, you are too." I say and she giggles softly.

"Tom, am I drunk?" She asks after a moment of silence and I laugh.

"I think you are."

"Hmm" she gives an impressed hum, "I don't feel drunk."

"Well I don't know what to tell you."

She doesn't respond and just picks back up her water and drinks the rest of it. When she's done she shows me the empty bottle. "Thank you." I smile.

She nods and places the bottle back on the small table in front of us before laying her head back on my shoulder.

After a while of watching tv and talking about random subjects I hear Y/n yawn. "I'm tired."

"Do you want to head to bed?" I ask her and she nods. "Cmon."

We both stand up and I take her empty water bottle and drink from earlier into the kitchen. She follows behind me and sits on the kitchen counter. I put the drinks away just as Tessa comes walking into the living room. She jumps up and leans against the counter between Y/n's legs and Y/n starts to pet her.

I smile at the sight and pet Tessa's head behind her until I notice Y/n's skirt riding up on her thighs. I quickly reach over Tessa and grab the sides of the skirt and pull it down before I could see anything.

She looks up at me confused and worried. "I-I'm sorry, you're skirt was riding up and I was pulling it down. I swear I wasn't trying to do anything." I say quickly not wanting to scare her.

"Oh," she smiles sheepishly at me and puts her hands over mine. Tessa jumps down and walks away and Y/n closes her legs. "I'm sorry."

"Hey," I say softly, "It's okay don't worry about it okay?"

She puts her hand over her face and I place my hands on her waist to help her get down from the counter. She keeps her hands over her face and puts her head against my chest. I hesitantly wrap my arms around her.

"Can we just go to bed?" She asks.

"Of course Love." I say and remove my arms from around her.

I walk her to her room and she stops at the door and looks at me.

"I feel sober." She sighs.

I smile at her, "I'll see you in the morning."

"Yeah," she looks at me for a moment before wrapping her arms around my waist and hugging me right, "Thank you for taking care of me."

I'm not sure exactly what she means by this, but I hug her back anyways. "Of course."

We hug for a while longer until she pulls away. "Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight." I say, before I walk away Y/n gives me a soft kiss on the cheek before going into her room and closing the door behind her.

I stand there with a small smile resting on my lips. I bring my hand up to my cheek and try to hold onto the feeling of warmth from her soft lips as long as I can.

After a moment I shake my head and walk back to my room.

A/N

Sorry if this chapter was cringy lol. Also sorry for the slow updates I've just been super busy.

Thanks for reading love you ❤️