•11• 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

"I know we were both just broken stars, but you took my heart and pieced it back together with dreams and hopes and quiet whispers."

-Ariana

🥀

Your POV

I woke up with a terrible headache. I try to remember as much as I can from last night, the only thing I remember is kissing Tom on the cheek before going to bed.

I look down at what I'm wearing and I'm thankful that I decided to change last night. I also partially remember taking my makeup off.

I groan as I sit up and hold my head in my hands, this headache is killing me. I reach over to grab my phone but accidentally knock it off the nightstand and it makes a really loud sound that feels like a hammer just hit my brain.

I hear a knock at the door and it sounds way louder than it should. "Hey Darlin, you all right in there?"

"Yup, I'm fine." I say as I pick my phone back up.

"Is it alright if I come in?"

"Yeah" I sit up with my legs hanging over the edge of the bed.

I hear the door open and Tom walks in with a glass of water and two pills in his hand. He places them on my nightstand and sits on the corner of the bed, "It will help your headache."

"How do I know your not trying to drug me or something." I ask as I pick up the pills and the glass of water.

"Oh like I would wait till your sober to try and drug you but not while you actually were drunk." He shakes his head with a smile.

"It would make you seem more believable." I say. He rolls his eyes, and I laugh before taking the pills.

"So do we have anything to do today?" I ask.

"No, if you want maybe I could just show you a bit around London, but I know you're probably not feeling the best right now. We could just stay in. You know, whatever you want."

"I'd like to see around London, I don't really feel that terrible."

"Ok," he smiles, "What do you remember from last night?"

"Not much, just sitting on the couch and talking I guess... and um..."

"What sweetheart?"

"Kissing you on the cheek before going to sleep." I give him a tight-lipped smile.

He looks away, "Yup, I remember that too."

"Sorry." I say after a moment of silence passes. He looks back up at me and I avert my eyes away from his.

"No it's okay darling, I didn't mind. Actually, I liked it."

I look back up into his eyes to see his cheeks a slight tint of red.

"You're just saying that to make me feel better." I shake my head.

"No I'm not." He moves closer to me on the bed.

"I don't believe you." I say, but it comes out as more of a whisper.

"Why not darling? I won't lie to you." He says, him warm breath fanning over my face from our close proximity.

We're talking about something that doesn't even matter but I don't question it because of how overwhelmed I am by him. My heartbeat begins to quicken as we never break eye contact.

"Hmm?" He hums.

I still don't respond and Tom moves his face closer to mine. My breath gets caught in my throat.

I feel his soft lips press against my cheek for a second before the warmth leaves.

Without saying anything he stands up and lifts my legs up back onto the bed. He gently pushes my shoulders and makes me lie down.

"Rest love, I'll go make us some breakfast and I'll come get you when it's done. How does that sound?"

I swallow, "Good, yeah."

He smiles, "Ok."

"Thank you."

"Of course." He says and leans down before softly kissing me on the forehead, one of his hands on the pillow next to my head to keep him balanced.

He goes to leave and stops right before the door and turns back to me. "Also, if you feel like kissing me on the cheek again, do it. I really did like it."

I nod, feeling the heat rising to my cheeks. He leaves and I let out a sigh. The last few minutes have to be the most confusing moments of my life. What does any of that mean? Does it mean he likes me?

I want to be angry at myself for even thinking he has feelings for me like that, but part of me wants to hope he does. I just really hope I'm not setting myself up for heartbreak.

Tom's POV

I close her door behind me and let out a sigh. God, I really hope she could possibly like me like how I like her. I just don't want to her to think this is moving too fast. I would hate to make her uncomfortable by rushing her into something she doesn't want to do.

I think about how flustered she was when I got close to her and kissed her on the cheek. Was she like that because she likes me or did I scare her? I'm overthinking this aren't I?

I run my hand through my hair and take a deep breath before going to the kitchen to start making us breakfast.

Your POV

About half an hour later Tom knocks on my door and lets me know that he's done making breakfast. I reply with a simple 'ok' and get out of my bed. My headache feels much better now, but I still wouldn't say I feel like normal.

I walk into the kitchen to see Tom making himself a plate. When he sees me he sends me a smile.

"How does your head feel?"

"Better, but still like a hammer hit my head yesterday." I laugh.

He chuckles, "You still wanna go out around London?"

I nod, "Yeah."

"You sure?" He comes closer to me, "I don't want you to feel like shit when we could stay here."

"It's okay, I want to go." I give him a reassuring smile.

He nods but I can still see some doubt in his eyes. I place my hand on his shoulder and look into his eyes. "I'm fine, I'm excited to go."

He smiles, "Ok, just make sure you drink plenty of water."

"Ok" I remove my hand from his shoulder and smile softly at him.

He walks away with his food and I start getting myself a plate while trying to calm the butterflies in my stomach from every time we interact.

A/N

I feel like this chapter sucks but idk. Sorry for the lack of updates again, I've just been reading a really good story lol. Anyways thanks for 850 reads! I love you all so much ❤️❤️