•22• 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤

"I don't know what's going to happen to us, but I do know this: I'm all in. Here and Now, until I'm dead in the dirt. No matter how difficult it gets, or how desperately the world tries to tear up apart, I'll be yours."

-Beau Taplin

🥀

Your POV

I lay tossing and turning in the dark of my room for what feels like hours. I can't get Tom off my mind no matter how hard I try. I also can't get the anxiety out of my stomach that keeps me from being comfortable enough to fall asleep.

I hear a soft knock on the door and I jolt up, turning on the bedside table lamp before going to the door.

I open it to see Tom standing there, looking just as tired as I feel. His hair is messy, like he's also been tossing and turning in bed.

We stand there for a moment in silence before Tom speaks up. "I'm sorry, can we please try to talk about this? I can't fall asleep knowing I made you upset. I feel so bad."

I wrap my arms around his waist and hold onto him tightly. He wastes no time hugging me back.

"No, I'm so sorry, I should've just stayed to let us talk it out."

"Let's sit down Darling." He says as he releases me from the embrace. He sits down on the bed and I follow him.

"Y/n," he starts, putting his hand on my thigh, "I know exactly how you're feeling with the whole long distance thing. I guess just hearing you say what I was thinking made me scared. I didn't want to admit the truth, and I just brought it out on you. I'm so sorry."

I smile softly at him, "it's okay Tommy. Your feelings took over and that's completely okay. I'm sorry for not staying to talk it through, I made this whole thing more complicated than it needed to be."

"Don't worry about it my love, we were both upset and not thinking." He wraps his arm around my shoulder and I lean into him. "But I promise, we will be okay when you have to leave. We just have to be able to talk to each other. I love you."

"I love you too." I look up at him and kiss him softly.

"Can we go to sleep now?" He ask with a smile.

"Yes." I reply, smiling back at him.

"You want to go to my room or stay here?"

"Your room." I say before I yawn.

Tom grins before kissing my forehead. He picks me up bridal style and I wrap my arms around his neck as he takes me to his room. He gently places me down on the bed before laying down beside me and pulling the covers over both of us. I cuddle up against him and he wraps his arms around me. I lay my head in the crook of his neck, finally feeling at peace being in his arms again.

He begins to run his fingers through my hair and I smile softly, "I love you."

"I love you too baby," he kisses my forehead, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

✦      ✦      ✦

When I wake up, Tom is still asleep next to me, his arm tightly wrapped around my waist. I gently remove his arms from around me and get out of bed.

Today we are going to Tower Bridge, and then we have three days left before I leave to go back to California. I'm tired of it being sad though, I'm going to try my hardest to stay positive over these next few days.

I start getting ready for the day, trying to be quiet as to not wake up Tom. I talk to Millie and Alaina about everything that's been going on.

"You guys literally are so cute." Millie says on FaceTime.

"Millie, they just had a fight. I wouldn't really say that's couple goals." Alaina points out.

"Yeah but the way they made up was so cute! He went to her room to apologize! I would literally die if a man did that to me. Right Y/n? That was cute."

I blush slightly, "Yeah it melted by heart a bit."

"See Alaina?! They are adorable."

"Ok fine, but I actually can't believe you are dating Spider-Man."

"It doesn't feel like that though," I smile, "It just feels like talking to a normal person, not a celebrity."

"Normal person huh?" Tom laughs as he walks into the living room.

"Oooooh." Millie and Alaina both say.

"I've got to go guys." I say looking back down to my phone.

"Ok bye." Alaina says before leaving the call.

"Have fun." Millie winks to the camera and leaves.

I look up as Tom sits down next to me on the couch. "How do you think a celebrity acts?" He asks with a smile.

I shrug, "I don't know, I've never really met a celebrity before I met you."

"Aww so cute...shut up." He rolls his eyes with a smile.

"No really! I haven't met a celebrity before! I just imagined they would be weird or whatever."

He smirks and looks down at me. "And that's not like me." He says in a higher pitched voice.

"One, that's not how I sound. Two, it is like you, you're very weird."

"Oh my God," He pushes me with a laugh. "I'm going to get ready." I laugh as he gets up and walks away.

Tom and I soon leave the house for the long drive, stopping to get breakfast along the way.

I take a sip of my coffee as I look over at Tom, his eyes focused on the road ahead of him. I notice a small smile resting on his lips.

"What are you grinning at?" I joke.

He looks to me for a moment and his smile grows, "Nothing."

"Whatever. What's so funny?"

"Nothing, can a man not just smile while being with his girl?" He teases.

"Stop being sappy." I laugh.

"You love it when I'm sappy."

I smile and turn away, "True."

We soon arrive at Tower Bridge and Tom and I explore almost every part of it, learning new things and eating amazing food. It's bittersweet to know that this is the last time on this trip we will visit a landmark in London together.

As we leave, Tom stops me at the entrance of the bridge.

"What?" I ask.

"I have something for you." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out two small velvet boxes. He gives one of them to me and keeps the other to himself. I open it to find beautiful gold ring. I look up to him.

"What is this?"

"It's a promise ring, to show how serious we are about our relationship. Whenever we're apart, let it be a reminder that I'm never leaving you." He says while opening his box to show another ring that matches mine.

"Oh my God," I wrap my arms around him, "I love it, I love you."

"I love you too darling." He hugs me back.

When we pull away, Tom and I put on both of our rings. I admire how it looks on my hand for a moment. "Thank you Tommy."

"Of course my love."