•2• 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫

"There are three signs of a hypocrite: when he speaks lies, when he makes a promise he breaks it, and when he is trusted he betrays his trust"

-Muhammad

🥀

Your POV

I walk into the empty Airbnb and change into some more comfortable clothes before going to bed. I'm too tired to deal with Gabe right now and wait for him to get home.

I fall asleep almost immediately, feeling mixed emotions about what happened tonight.

I wake up to a still empty Airbnb. I look at my phone and see still no notifications from Gabe. I sigh and get out of bed. I get ready for the day and make myself some breakfast.

It's been an almost an hour since I woke up and I am planning to leave soon to see the city some more. I decide to use the bathroom before I leave and when I come back to the main room I see Gabe trying to quietly take his shoes and jacket off.

"Where the hell have you been?" I slightly yell at him. His head whips to me with wide eyes.

"I-I didn't know you were awake already."

"Well I am, so answer the damn question." I cross my arms angrily. I don't have time to be nice when he stood me up and is just now coming back to the Airbnb.

"I'm sorry Babe, I fell asleep at work." He says.

"I've heard that excuse before. Really Gabe, why couldn't you have texted me or called when you 'woke up'?" I ask putting quotes around 'woke up'.

"I've been working really hard—"

"I don't care! It was our one year anniversary and you left me sitting in a restaurant alone looking like a complete idiot!" I yell.

"Well people didn't think you were a complete idiot when a fucking celebrity sat with you in the restaurant!" He says.

"How do you know about that?"

"It's all over fucking Twitter and Instagram Y/n!"

"Well he was being kind and saw the ways people were looking at me! And you don't get to be angry Gabe, you stood me up!"

"Then why don't you go ahead and marry him if he was being so kind! Y/n, I don't know if this going to work if you're going to pretend to date other people." He says the last part softer.

"You can't be serious, don't you dare turn this on me." My voice is quieter but still stern and harsh.

"I am serious, I can't believe how calm you looked going out with another guy in public."

I roll my eyes, "I wasn't going out with him! He pretended to be my boyfriend so people would stop staring at me for being stood up."

"I don't care. For the past few months I feel like you haven't been as committed to our relationship as you were before. Now you do this? Y/n I don't think this is going to work anymore."

"Are you really breaking up with me right now?" I ask, too shocked to make my voice any louder.

"Yea, I am."

"Well, you know what. I've been feeling the exact same way about you. This isn't going to work." I say while grabbing my purse and a jacket.

"Where are you going?"

"Away from you." I say flatly.

"Good, I don't want to see you either." He says as I get to the door.

I turn back to him one last time, "Fuck you."

I leave the Airbnb and walk down the street. I don't know where to go but I just can't be near Gabe right now.

I find a café that looks pretty empty and I go inside. I order a coffee and sit down in the back where no one is looking. There's only two people here besides the workers.

I take a deep breath and realize what just happened. Tears fall down my cheeks as I silently sob. It feels so wrong to be here around other people but I really don't have anywhere else to go.

Someone enters the café and I try to stop myself from crying anymore here.

"Y/n?" I hear a familiar voice and I look up to see Tom. He's has a soft smile on his face until he sees the tears on my cheeks.

His face immediately becomes concerned, "You okay?"

I shake my head and wipe the tears from my face. "No." My voice sounds small and broken.

"Can I sit down?" I nod my head and he sits down in the seat in front of me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He ask.

"Yeah." I say and compose myself a little. "Uh my b-boyfriend, Gabe, broke up with me. He said it was because I pretended to be your girlfriend at the restaurant last night. I tried to explain what happened but he had seen the photos already—"

"Wait, sorry I'm interrupting but what do you mean 'the photos'?"

"Check your Instagram or Twitter."

He raises his eyebrow at me as he gets his phone out. His eyes avert from me to his phone and after a few seconds his eyes go wide.

"Oh my god Y/n I'm so sorry this all my fault, I had no idea people were taking pictures—"

"Tom it's okay."

"No it's not, your boyfriend broke up with you because of me!" He covers his face with his hands. "I'm so sorry."

"Tom it's fine."

He uncovers his face, "I came here and you were crying! Darling that doesn't sound fine."

"I know it's just, I could tell our relationship wasn't really going anywhere. I just didn't except him to break up with me over this in a place where I have no where to go."

"You don't have anywhere to go?"

"Well I mean I don't think I can stay in the Airbnb with him for another two weeks and I don't know anyone else here besides you. I could just fly home but I was so excited to see the city and I bought tickets for a ton of stuff to do while I'm here. I don't really want that money to go to waste since most were non-refundable." I sigh, "I just don't know what to do."

He looks away for a second, "Maybe you could stay at my house for a little while." He looks back at me and sees my confused look, "I have a guest room that you can use. Your own bathroom and everything. I could also show you around the city if you want. I don't have to go film for another few weeks anyways."

"Really?" I ask.

"I mean, unless you don't want to. I know we just met last night but—"

"Tom I want to." I interrupt him.

"Y-you do?"

"Yeah. I know we met last night but I really do trust you Tom. You seem like a good guy." I smile.

He smiles back, "Thanks."

"No thank you. I really didn't want to go back home." I laugh slightly.

"You're welcome Darling."

A/N

What do you think of this story so far? Im having lots of fun writing this and I hope you're enjoying reading it!