•21• 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝

"The most beautiful thing about young love is the truth in our hearts that it will last forever."

-Atticus

🥀

Tom's POV

I rest my hand on Y/n's thigh as I drive us to the British Museum. I love showing off the city to her. I've spent so much of my life in London, and bringing her to the places that mean so much to me brings me so much happiness. I would love to go to her home in California and see her family's business, or just to go with her to her favorites places.

Though, I do just love anything having to do with her.

We walk through the museum hand-in-hand as I look down at her. I admire the way her eyes scan around the room, taking in everything she can.

"You're staring at me again." She laughs, and a smile instantly appears on my face from the sound of her laugh.

"I'm just in love baby." My smile grows even bigger as I see how my words make her feel.

She smiles back up at me, "Aww, now stop I'm trying to read about this."

I kiss her forehead, "then read, I'm reading it too," I look away from her for a moment until I see her turn her head away from me. I take slight peaks at her every so often, just wanting to see my girl's face light up every time she sees something cool.

My favorite thing in the world is her smile, and seeing her happy.

✦ ✦ ✦

"This city is so beautiful, I don't want to go." Y/n says, peering out the window as we drive home.

"I know love, I'm dreading it."

"Me too." She sighs and looks back at me sadly.

"Hey," I place my hand on her thigh, "it's going to be okay."

We get to the house and I stop Y/n before she can get out. "Baby," I gently grab her chin to make her look at me. "I promise you, no matter what happens, we will be okay. You don't need to worry about a thing."

She smiles, "I love you."

I smile back at her, "I love you too." I lean over and kiss her softly.

And I mean it, with everything I have.

Your POV

The rest of the night is spent with us curled up together on the couch, talking about whatever we want. As much as I try to enjoy the moment between us, I can't help but think about what will happen when I leave.

I know he said everything would be fine, but my mind won't let me accept that. I've heard enough stories about long distance relationships, and I know it rarely works out happily.

So I'm trying to enjoy these happy moments for as long as I can, because I don't know how long they will last. I really want us to last.

I need us to last, because it will break me if we don't.

I try to push the thought away as we get ready for bed.

"Baby!" Tom whines from the bed. "Hurry up! I want to snuggle!"

I laugh to myself before leaving the bathroom and crawling into bed with him. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me against his bare chest. I lay my head in the crook of his neck and close my eyes.

"Tower Bridge tomorrow, don't forget." Tom says as he softly runs his fingers through my hair. "After that we have three days to ourselves."

I grip onto him harder without thinking.