• 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐞𝐦𝐬 •

❾¾ ⌁☍ ♪ ‹ 𝓶𝓪 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓬𝓮 › ♪ ☍⌁¾❾

Hermione remained in the hospital wing for several weeks.

There was a flurry of rumor about her disappearance when the rest of the school arrived back from their Christmas holidays, because of course everyone thought that she had been attacked.

So many students filed past the hospital wing trying to catch a glimpse of her that Madam Pomfrey took out her curtains again and placed them around Hermione's bed, to spare her the shame of being seen with a furry face.

Harry, Mal and Ron went to visit her every evening. Mal often visited Hermione so she wouldn't feel lonely, comforted her and gave Hermione extra notes so she wouldn't miss a lesson, every breakfast until dinner, she accompanied Hermione. When the new term started, they brought her each day's homework.

"If I'd sprouted whiskers, I'd take a break from work," said Ron, tipping a stack of books onto Hermione's bedside table one evening.

"Don't be silly, Ron, I've got to keep up," said Hermione briskly. Her spirits were greatly improved by the fact that all the hair had gone from her face and her eyes were turning slowly back to brown. "I don't suppose you've got any new leads?" she added in a whisper, so that Madam Pomfrey couldn't hear her.

"Nothing," said Harry gloomily.

"If it wasn't Malfoy it would have been Gloiriè," said Ron for about the hundredth time. "Too bad he wasn't there."

"But maybe it's not between the two of them," said Mal with a sigh. "I'm so tired of hearing that from you."

"How do you know the password to the Slytherin common room, Dolce?" Harry asked Mal.

"Easy," Mal shrugged. "Remember that Salazar-bloody-Slytherin for pure-blood supremacy."

"What's that?" asked Ron, pointing to something gold sticking out from under Hermione's pillow.

"Just a get well card," said Hermione hastily, trying to poke it out of sight, but Ron was too quick for her. He pulled it out, flicked it open, and read aloud:

"To Miss Granger, wishing you a speedy recovery, from your concerned teacher, Professor Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and fivetime winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award."

Ron looked up at Hermione, disgusted, Mal gave her snorted while hid her face behind Harry's shoulder.

"You sleep with this under your pillow?"

But Hermione was spared answering by Madam Pomfrey over with her evening dose of medicine.

"I have an appointment with Cordelia and Ginny," Mal said to Harry and Ron as they exited Hospital Wings. "She said she wanted to borrow my Herbology textbook for her second grade."

"With Eleanor?" Harry asked suddenly, Mal raised an eyebrow.

"Yes?" Mal nodded confirming Harry's words. "They often study together, so yes with Eros, what's the matter?"

"It's okay," Harry quietly looked down at the floor. "You with him so often- Eleanor I mean."

"For Godric's sake, Wonderboy." Mal chuckled softly. "Yeah, he's also my friend, just like you - my friend."