• 𝐁𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐤: 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐇𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐟 •

❾¾ ⌁☍ ♪ ‹ 𝓶𝓪 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓬𝓮 › ♪ ☍⌁¾❾

When the Transfiguration class had finished, they joined the crowd thundering toward the Great Hall for lunch. Hermione sat next to Ron while Mal and Harry opposite them.

"Ron, cheer up," said Hermione, pushing a dish of stew toward him. "You heard what Professor McGonagall said."

Ron spooned stew onto his plate and picked up his fork but didn't start.

"Harry," he said, in a low, serious voice, "you haven't seen a great black dog anywhere, have you?"

"Yeah, I have," said Harry. "I saw one the night I left the Dursleys'."

Ron let his fork fall with a clatter.

"Probably a stray," said Hermione calmly.

Ron looked at Hermione as though she had gone mad.

"Hermione, if Harry's seen a Grim, that's - that's bad," he said. "My - my uncle Bilius saw one and - and he died twenty-four hours later!"

"Coincidence," said Hermione airily, pouring herself some pumpkin juice.

"You don't know what you're talking about!" said Ron, starting to get angry. "Grims scare the living daylights out of most wizards!"

"Well you know," said Mal, biting her meatballs. "Grim is a harbinger of death and they think about it til their time, scared to death. Don't think about things that haven't happened yet, it will hasten your encounter with it."

"Zeus once said that he had a prophecy about death but he didn't," spat Hermione. "You remember, last year, Rolf told us about the death of one of his family - yes, of course, all humans die at some point, rubbish lesson."

"You're from a wizarding family, Berry," snorted Ron to Mal clearly ignoring Hermione. "you should know that Grim is a bad omen."

"Who said Grim was a sign of lucky charm?" Mal sharply. "I know it but don't make Harry think about bad things and if that's a sign of death, he should've been dead from first place - no need to wait until our third year and if I'm not mistaken, Harry is still life," she flashed Ron her bitchy smile. "oh yeah he's sitting right next to me."

"Berry's right, Ronald," said Hermione, turning the pages of her Aritchmancy book. "I think Divination seems very woolly," she said, searching for her page. "a lot of guesswork, if you ask me."

"So you think Dolce guessing is like woolly?" said Harry hotly.

"It's called analyzing body language, Harry, differently from Divination." spat Hermione.

"But there was nothing woolly about the Grim in that cup!" said Ron hotly.

"You didn't seem quite so confident when you were telling Harry it was a sheep," said Hermione coolly.

"Berry back me up!" spat Ron.

"Drop it!" snapped Mal glaring at Ron and Hermione.

"You're a descendant of Bluehearts, you should agree with what Professor Trewlaney said but you disagreeing," hotly Ron glaring at Mal. "why don't you agree with that?"

"I'm not disagreeing," Mal rather loudly. "Just won't Harry think to much about Grim, he just found out about the omens and boom --- was told death straight away."

"I thought you'd be worried about Harry," spat Ron. "You don't take it seriously."

"Oh so if you're worried, you have to show it huh?" Mal snorted looking at Ron reproachfully.