• '𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐥𝐜𝐞.' •

❾¾ ⌁☍ ♪ ‹ 𝓶𝓪 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓬𝓮 › ♪ ☍⌁¾❾

They lost Cedric.

Chirping of finches in the morning in Astraea wasn't as usual, the town's atmosphere that should've been bright and safe now dimmed with anxiety and sorrow. All town activities were suspended for a day, honoring the departure of one of the residents of Astraea town who died two days ago.

The town gates of Astraea were closed, a cloud of gray mist shrouding the golden fence.

Hymns reverberated from the cathedral, like softness of bitterness and heartbreak, everyone was dressed in black. Sad, empty, gloomy, melancholic, all emotions mix together into a numbing feeling.

Mal was in the second row lined up with her family, in front of them were Milea and Amos Diggory and Briella. They all sing hymns fervently, Briella can no longer contain her sadness and loss, tears keep flowing down her expressionless face.

She saw nowhere but the coffin in front of the cathedral altar, flower arrangements, candles stacked around Cedric's coffin. A moving photo of him, smiling positively who's been captured by Colin Creveey.

Briella chanted prayers, clutched her rosary and edelweiss necklace, placed them against her chest which made the pain inside her go mad. Milea hugged her from the side, they supported each other even though it was impossible for them; lost Cedric.

The hymns was over, everyone stopped and Briella came up to the podium, the whole audience sat back down. Briella looked all over with a half puffy face that couldn't hold back her tears, even her sadness had surpassed tears. She looked down, looking longingly at her edelweiss necklace.

She caught her breath, steeling herself.

“Our met was very — chaotic,” she began, embracing his tone with a bitter vibe. “he came into my life, like a serendipity.”

Her eyes fell on Mal and Cordelia, they sat side by side, looking sad and unable to react to anything other than blank.

"Cedric came and brought countless reasons to life for me, but now, without him, I'm lost in the hurricane vortex looking for them." she continued with a heavy breath. “I never — never thought, there would be a day when he would leave. And I didn't think it would be this soon."

Briella took a breath, trying not to cry anymore, she didn't want Cedric to be sad about it, even though she couldn't do it but she tried for him. Her hands were shaking, holding her body strong.

"I still remember, vividly," she said shakily. "Cedric bumped into me in Millennium Bridge and my balloon slipped out of my grip, I chased it and he helped me." she chuckled longingly remembering all her memories with Cedric. "Stuck in a tree, Cedric carried me and we made it to him."

Everyone smiled heartily.

“Since then, we've seen each other often, our parents happen to know each other and they are my godparents,” Briella smiled at Amos and Milea, both of whom were touched. “We often pranked Atlas to steal his leopard swim trunk.”  everyone broke out into a chuckle, Atlas laughed.

“Cedric was my childhood friend and the person I fell in love with for the first time.” said Briella honestly. "The person who tries to make jokes even though it's a bit bland but he always tries to make me laugh, he's the person who can make me honest with myself and he's the person who makes me feel what love and heartbreak are."

Briella pursed her lips, biting hard to keep a sob out of her mouth. Atlas and Benjamin watched Briella closely with concern and pride in how tough Briella was.