XLI. Talk to Liam

Vivian's POV:

"Your little family employee, my superior, Becca may have hinted it." In a way, that was my revenge for her attitude to me last night.

Since she pushed the notion that everything is handed to me on a gold platter by my parents or in-laws, I might as well play the role. Allow them to take revenge for me. I'm that pitiful.

Liam sighed, clenching his molars.

"Do they know about our contract?" I asked.

Another paused, "No."

I re-focused on the secrecy outside due to traffic. "I appreciate your parents looking out for me," I said. Despite their intentions to hide, I do appreciate that they provided me the opportunity to work in a job with reasonable payment instead of living paycheck by paycheck. "But, I appreciate it more if they withdraw their support."

I glance at him, "Same goes for you."

Again, the bitter silence arises.

It felt like I was married to Liam all over again.

This stupid fucking silence between us.

"Say something," I commanded.

"It wasn't my intention for you to get this position, and it wasn't my intention to be here," he replied.

I bit my tongue and nodded. Of course, he didn't want to be here. Most likely, his parents forced him to be here. Forced him to re-coil with me. After all, he never wanted to be together, "I see...because you never wanted to see me again, right?" my voice cracked in the end.

"I never told you to leave."

I burst out, "Yes! You did!"

"When?" His voice was much louder, much more demanding than mine. "When did I tell you to leave?"

"You told me to get the fuck out of your house after we signed that damn contract you suggested!"

"You wanted to leave!"

"No, I didn't!" I shouted louder than I ever did.

Several honking noises played behind us, and we both look forward to the ample space. Slowly, Liam pushed forward, and we stayed quiet until our destination.

I glanced at Liam, noticing how he looked anxious. His fingers were tapping vigorously against the wheel, and he took sharp breaths more often than the ordinary people.

We walked towards the elevator together, and I tried my best not to look up. If I did, I might burst out once more. My floor dinged, and I stepped out with Marisa.

"I didn't," he said, and I turned around, "I didn't want you to leave." The elevator doors closed.

What did he mean by that?

After I dropped Marisa off, I had to drag my two legs towards my floor. The more the numbers increase, the more my heartbeats decided to accelerate. When I stepped into the room, my eyes shot towards two people - Becca and Liam.

They were talking inside of Becca's office. I inched closer to them, feeling like I'm a stalker minute by minute. Everyone was too busy to notice my arrival, most likely because of the upcoming fashion show.

"You told me, you only talked to her casually," Liam said.

"I did have a casual conversation with her. A casual boss to discipline discussion," her tone was carefree.

Are they talking about me?

Becca took notice of my presence and closed the door. "Who wants to know what you two were talking about anyways," I mumbled underneath my breath before settling myself down.