XXXIX. Escalation

Liam's POV:

I sat there, staring at Vivian as she walked off with that guy, named Cason.

Cason Elliot is the guy Vivian had been dating. He worked at the cafe below the company and went to San Francisco University. It's his last year as a business major. He wants to enter the company after graduation, which is the reason why he accepted the lowly wage of a barista.

Nice.

Temperament.

Normal.

An overall average man.

One who Vivian doesn't mind settling down with in the future.

Pulling the car into the parking lot, I rested there and plummeted my head on the wheel, "I should've stayed at home."

I rushed my fingers through my hair and decided to take a walk. Once I was inside the company, I strolled around until I reached the break room.

I look through every single cabinet before dialing a number. My eyes narrowed as I stared at a cabinet with a single box, "Hello, Mr.Everhart."

"The instant coffee is low."

"I see. Shall I send people to deliver it before morning?"

"Yes. My co-workers will be here early tomorrow morning due to a project. I want it here by then."

I never understood the importance of free coffee at the workplace until we ran out. Earl was so upset that day. He screamed at me extra hard for malfunctioning another copy machine.

"I'm putting the order in as we are speaking. Is there anything else, Mr.Everhart?"

My head twisted towards the refrigerator. I opened it to reveal two nearly empty juice container. Then, a sudden memory splashes into my mind. Mila and a few people at the workplace like juice, but they dislike pouring it. "Do not send bulks of juices anymore. Send them in small bottles. Same flavor."

"Noted. Anything else?"

I straighten my back and look to the right. I opened the snack cabinet. The memories of Vivian stealing the small bags of chips crossed my mind. I never understand her desires to take chips when she thinks no one is looking. Does she not realize there are cameras within every room neglecting the restrooms? "Yes. Re-stock the chips."

"Mr.Everhart. I believe we re-stock it two days ago."

"There has been a lot of chip consumption." I didn't want to turn Vivian in.

It would be the right thing to do, but I know Vivian would be sad.

What if the company finds out she had been stealing chips? Wouldn't she get fired?

I look at the red light up camera in the corner of the room. I need to get rid of the evidence.

"What the fuck?" I turned around to see Becca. She flicked on the other lights, "Geez. Fuck. I was about to smash your head with a mug." I watch as she carried the mug across the room before settling it on the coffee maker.

So, she is the one. She is the culprit who had been drinking coffee and spilling it inside the break room beside the coffee machine at night.
"What?" she questions blankly, pulling out the cup causing some to spill on the sideline.

"What are you doing here this late at night?"

She snickered, "I should be asking you that," she said. She walks towards her office. I followed her, "I work here as the boss on this floor if you still remember."

I shoved my hands inside my pocket, attempting to push the possible stain in the back of my mind. "Things must be busy."

She settled the mug on her desk and sat down. "Of course. Your father sends you here to help me, but instead, you keep helping my assistant with all her mistakes." She neatly stacked the papers. "What? Trying to be the good guy and hopefully, she will notice it; so she will get back together with you?"