LIII. Girl's Night Out

Vivian's POV:

I woke up wishing it was all one big fat dream.

But, when I look at the bathroom mirror, I accepted the fact that it wasn't.

***

Liam stared at me with wide eyes as I backed away. Our fingers were touching while the chattering rushed in the background. I swallowed, unable to believe what I did. Quickly, I stood up and attempted to walk out only to knock over the cup of coffee, causing it to break into pieces.

"I'm so sorry," I said.

"Oh, no. It's okay," the young woman said, grabbing a broom.

Liam held my hand, "Don't. You may cut yourself."

He must have noticed it; my shaky hand. There is no way he doesn't.

When the young woman finished cleaning Liam paid for the broken cup while I stood there in a daze "Let's go," he said, pulling on his coat. I didn't move. I can feel his warm hand holding me and leading me out of the cafe.

Once I caught up with reality, I started pondering for an excuse. Should I tell him it was an accident? How I slipped, and my mouth hit his? With each reason jumping in my head, it sounded more and more ridiculous.

We reached Liam's car, and he opened the passenger door for me. "What about Matt and Amoli?" I asked, staring at his shoes.

"I'm certain they can arrange a ride home."

I should bring it up now, or else it will be harder later. I still have a few more weeks with Liam; the option of avoiding him is not an option at all. "What happened earlier...I-I shouldn't have done that. It was the mood. I got caught up on the atmosphere and...and that happened."

"The atmosphere?"

I nodded, "Yeah." I laughed awkwardly, brokenly. "The atmosphere made it felt romantic, so I felt like kissing you." It was the dumbest excuse in the word.

Only a stupid person will accept it.

"What about now?"

I look up at him, his crystal clear brown eyes looking down at me. "What do you mean?"

"Is the atmosphere romantic right now?"

The beating inside my chest was unbearable. It felt like my heart will jump out any second, and I'll die right there. "Y-Yeah. So, can you stop looking-"

Before I can finish Liam kiss my cheek, causing my eyes to widen. I place my hand where he kissed. "Does it feel disgusting?"

I didn't understand why he would ask me, "W-Why?"

"Do you dislike it?"

He stood there, waiting for my response. In the past, Liam had never kissed me like that before. The closest contact we had was when we laid on the same bed and slept.

My eyes welled up with tears, and Liam looked away.

I wanted to yell at him to stop playing with my emotions, but nothing came out.

Then two words jumped into my mind, and I pushed all the blame on the romantic atmosphere that Amoli and Matt created. From the charming restaurant to the calming walk, even the cafe. With that unreasonable I idea, I grabbed Liam's face and kissed him again.

Not too soon after, I found myself straddling Liam in the back of the car. There weren't any cars around the parking structure we were in, and I was grateful.