V. Breaking the Chain

Vivian's POV:

"Why do you have a baby?"

Amoli stood up and walked towards me with her upper body bending downward, seemingly analyzing the little gift in my hands.

"Did you finally snap? You finally snapped and kidnapped a baby?"

"No. I found her."

She gasps, "Oh my-"

"I'm kidding. A crazy lady told me to take care of Marisa while she goes to handle some business." The baby bag slumps off my shoulder along with the thin strap purse. I hand Amoli the child and kick off the annoying heels wanting nothing more than to crawl into my twin size bed.

"It didn't work so well, did it?" Amoli asked, settling herself on the counter chair while rocking Marisa back and forth. Surprisingly, Marisa is excellent when it comes to strangers.

I shook my head, dragging my heavy legs toward the couch. Once my face planted on the pillow, I told her about my day and the grand exit out of the company. "Yeah, and then I thank them for their - are you seriously laughing?"

Amoli sat upward, lazily walking towards me. She sat on top of my butt due to the minimal amount of space on the single couch. "I wished I was there instead of class because that sounds entertaining."

I exhaled through the pillow and released a muffled scream, thrashing my fists against the edge of the couch. When I finished, I turned my head towards the TV.

"What are you going to do now?"

"Swallow my pride and go home. Maybe marry another guy and stick with him. Forget about my lack of talent and survival ski-"

"I meant the baby. Aren't you taking her to the police station?"

"And tell them what? The insane mother gave someone her child despite meeting her two times. Mind I tell you, she gave me the baby during our second meeting."

"We can't keep a baby, Vivian! I can't produce milk, and last time I checked, you can't either. Unless-" her gaze dropped down at my boobs.

I lightly smack her arm, cautious enough, so Marisa doesn't get hurt. "There is a milk bot-" I groaned once more into the pillow, "I forgot about the milk bottles!"

"See? That's why I mention milk from boobs."

"You know I've only done it once," I grumble.

"Oh, yes, with that asshole ex-husband of yours. I can't believe you lost your virginity to him, and he didn't even sleep with you during your honeymoon."

During the senior year of high school, Jackson Martinez threw the biggest goodbye party. Everyone who is anyone was invited. To my surprise, Jackson invited me. I attended the party with Amoli and somehow left with Liam. I didn't remember much, except waking up in bed with him lying beside me, naked. I left the bedroom, ashamed to even look at the blood-stained on the sheets.

At that time, no one knew Liam, and I was engaged since it wasn't publicly announced. Our marriage was very secretive, very under the radar, so only a few people knew we married. Liam was supposed to take me out to events, and people will slowly know of our relationship. However, he never did.

I chuckle, "He was drunk at the time. He probably wouldn't even poke me with a stick."

"He already pokes you with a-" I slap her hard before she can finish.

I exhale, "I'll go to the police station tomorrow. Tonight, we rest."

The baby starts crying.

"Tonight. I rest." Amoli handed me the baby, "Tomorrow. I fail the test," she declared before gathering all the books on the counter and running into the bedroom. I can hear the door lock indicating that I am not allowed to receive aid from her.