L. Relationship

Vivian's POV:

Quickly, I covered her mouth and said: "Shhhhh," then glanced over at the two who was still in an in-depth discussion, "But, yes."

"Oh, that."

"Mind telling me?"

"Remember I don't control the rumors."

"I won't blame you for anything."

She tilted her head downward, "Rumor says...you two a fucking and...well, you're pregnant."

"I am not!" I slammed a fist on the table. Because of this job and the fact that I'm eating for free at Liam's house, I had gained a bit of weight; but it doesn't mean I'm pregnant. It just means I'm getting a bit chubby and who doesn't like a little meat on their dinner plate.

I noticed Liam and Earl were staring at us.

I cleared my throat and lean back down while Mila holds back her laughter. Once they reverted their attention away from us, I whispered to Mila, "Nothing is going on between us."

"Then why do the rumors said you're pregnant?"

"They're rumors! Also, I'm just getting started for hibernation season that's why I'm a bit chunky."

"Chill Viv." She pats my cheek, "Everyone support you two. They think Liam, and you would make a cute couple. You know, it's like adorable how you two interact with each other."

"No...We aren't like that."

Mila shrugged casually, "Then, you two aren't like that." She pushed her chair away. She didn't sound like she believed me.

I pushed my chair closer to her, "We really aren't."

"If there isn't anything, then why are you so pushy about it?" she grinned.

I sucked in my cheeks and pushed my chair away.

Mila came closer, "You know, Liam was the one who came to Earl and me; asking us if we would join this team."

"Why?"

"He said it's his job as your assistant to make your job easier." She grinned wider, "But I think there is something else." Her voice pinched into a teasing like a tone.

She pushed her chair back, "Just don't get caught. You know the company policy on a relationship." She smirked before going back to her work.

The four of us went out for lunch together since Claire called in sick - love sick. We were all heading into the elevator until Mila said: "Oh my gosh! I forgot to finish the document Ms.Baker gave me earlier," and she zipped back into the office.

I lifted a brow when she gave me a thumb up.

"What?" I mouthed to myself as the doors slide together.

Earl, Liam, and I walked towards Liam's car until Earl gasped dramatically, "I forgot...I had a lunch date today!"

He looks at us, "Sorry, rainy day. But, you two can go together."

He gave Liam an indiscreet wink.

We stood there, staring at Earl fading back. I glanced at Liam, who was still staring at Earl, "What a coincidence, huh? Both of them being busy," I attempted to break the silence.

Liam's lip thinned, "It isn't a coincidence," he said, before turning his body. He leaped inside and started the engine. The car reversed and pulled out. I cannot believe he is leaving me.

Liam car stopped; the window rolled down, "Coming in?"

I swallowed the lump inside my throat and opened the door, "We're...going out to eat."