XII. Like Marriage All Over Again

Vivian's POV:

I couldn't help but laugh, a very bitter angry one as my head snap towards the man. "You're seriously asking me why I left?"

He tilts his head towards me, the veins in his hand pops as it tightens even more around the wheel. I won't be surprised if the leather rubs off.

"It's green. Go."

"You didn't answer my question," he said. The drivers behind us harshly honk for us to proceed.

I glance back but shook slightly as the cars pass us with a stormy honk. "Liam. Go. You're holding up traffic."

"Answer."

There is a scream from deep within that forces its way from my mouth, but I bite it back. "Because we fucking agreed on a year of marriage. Did we not?" More honks. "Remember?" I said, in a sarcastic happy tone, "You threw a contract at me and said after a year of marriage, I should get the fuck out of your mans-"

Before I can even finish my explanation, Liam slam against the gas pedal, hard. My whole body slick against the car seat, hands underneath, as my eyes widen. Once I realize the speed we are going within the city; the heart beats only arise. I can hear Marisa's cries. "Stop! Stop! Stop!" I shriek.

Liam curved towards the emergency lane, granting us more car honks.

With shaky hands, I unbuckle the seat belt and rush towards the back of the car. Marisa was crying harshly, as I unbuckle her, tears raddling down her red face. "Are you fucking insane!" I scream at Liam who got out of the car. "There's a baby in the back, and you're driving like a madman!" I shouted, taking out the stroller and car seat. Attempting to cradle Marisa while pulling out the chair proven to be harder then I anticipated as the cars speed past by us on the freeway.

Liam places a hand on top of mine. "I'm sorry. Get back in. I'll take you back."

I chuckle, "Go back? In there? With you? You're insane. I'm not putting Marisa back in there. Let go of me."

When I realize Liam wouldn't release me, I drop the car seat and grab my purse. I start walking down the highway, feeling the heavy bag slapping against my thigh as Marisa continue crying. Liam grasps against the strap of my purse, and instantly, I held Marisa with both arms not wanting to accidentally drop her particularly in front of all these witnesses. I cannot get on the news. "You're going to walk your daughter home?" I puff my cheeks, "In this weather?" I look up at the burning sun remembering why I accepted Liam's offer. "In those heels?" I look down to see one of the heel broken.

I swipe around and stomp back into the car. "I'm sitting in the back and please, do not speak to me," I said. I strap Marisa back on, before slumping beside her.

Liam release a deep breathe before entering the car. Cautiously, he re-enters the highway with Marisa somehow deep asleep after a few minutes of driving. "You really don't want to see me again."

I fold my arms and sunk lower, knowing if I open my mouth; I'll only burst out anger.

"You should stop that."

"Stop what?"

He glances at the rearview mirror before exiting. "Holding everything in."

We resume out the silence with my legs constantly shaking despite my desire to stop. Liam pulls towards the parking lot and turns off the engine. I threw the door open, unbuckle Marisa who is still inside the car, and tug her out.

"Let me help," Liam said, and I close my eyes momentarily. I decide to take a step back knowing the faster I get Marisa out, the quicker I can leave. Liam took his sweet time, pulling Marisa out of the car, and settle her down on the ground. He went to the trunk, while I check Marisa to ensure she is okay. Marisa is somehow still sleeping. Liam took out the wheels and began placing the items together.