XLIX. Love Sick

Vivian's POV:

There is no way, no possible way, Liam Everhart is jealous because of me.

I assume he could feel jealousy unless he is a robot, which is also a thought I had considered.

But, for him to be jealous of me?

Well, he had never seen you with another male before that tiny voice whispered in the back of my mind.

Because I was trying to keep him away from any misunderstanding - to bluntly make him realize my emotions for him, I rebuttal.

Well, maybe he would've fallen for you if he saw you with another male. You know, men - their mentality is like children. When something comes easy, they lose interest. But, when they realize that some other men can whisp by and take it, they allow their hormonal and possessive attitude to take place.

What are you saying, little voice in my mind? That it was my mistake for not talking with other men? That it was my fault for staying faithful to my husband?

Yes! Yes! Finally, the stupid bitch got it!

"Hey," I snapped my head up to see Earl. "Can you not write on my hand?"

I look down to see my marker still resting on the top of his palm with scribbles all over it. "Well...What is your hand doing beneath my marker?"

I think I remember why I never joined the debate team in high school.
His eyes narrowed, and he took the marker from my hand; throwing it across the room. "Look, captain. We are on a fucking deadline. Our ship is sinking and needs to plug it in before we drown to the bottom of the ocean. So gather your fucking act together and stop daydreaming about your assistant. For goodness sake, we got break time for what you're thinking. Just take him into the broom closet and mop that puddle up."

I was both shocked and impressed by his phrases. I wanted to slap and clap by Earl's words. With a few more seconds, I understood what he meant. "I am not...I was not looking at Liam!"

Earl rolled his eyes, and Mila laughed. He snapped his face towards Mila who hid behind a folder. "Mila is working right now. Please, leave a message, preferably a note if you want to reach her. Beeeeep."
Even Liam didn't look up from work in front of him.

Earl is that scary when he is in a working mood. He yelled at me earlier for being a weak leader, something on the line of growing a spine. For goodness sake, I started working at this damn company less than three months ago. Give me a fucking break. I knew nothing about fashion and had to analyze piles of magazines every damn night to get even the tip of the fashion industry.

I don't know what Becca was thinking of giving me such a big assignment. There is a part of me that believed, she wanted to humilate me. However, that didn't make sense because if I look bad then as my superior; she looks bad. Maybe, she believes that the fashion show will go so badly that she is forced to fire me without getting on the wrong side of the Everhart.

My brain is hurting from all the thinking lately.

It's like going back to school except worst.

Claire walked in, "Did I miss anything?" she asked, and everyone grumbled. Claire settled beside Liam, as always, and smiled at him. He wholeheartedly ignored her, something I hate being satisfied too. Claire glanced at me, and I lifted a brow. "Ms.Blanc, may I speak with you?"

"No," I replied, "We have work to do."

"Please, it will be a quick matter."

I settled down the papers and exhaled before standing up. With one leg after another, I walked out of the private room and into the hallway. Claire closed the door while I rest on the wall. Times like this I wished I was a smoker.