LXVII. Official Date

Vivian's POV:

He nodded, "O.U.T...Out," he said slowly.

I ignored his stupid face, "Why?"

"I'm supposed to know what the maid does on her day off?"

"Then, what about Marisa?"

"Oh, she's right here." He cracked the door open in the living room.

My eyes widen in horror, "Why is she under the table?" I shouted, "Why is she wearing a bag?"

"Oh," Mauricio laughed. "I didn't want to touch her poop, so I cover up the smell with a bag. Now, if she poops more. It will all be in the bag. Smart, huh."

"This is not happening," I whispered, carrying Marisa into the bedroom.

Quickly, I changed her.

"What? The bag was a good idea!" He claimed. I grabbed my phone, "What are you doing?"

"Calling Liam and canceling the date."

"Woah. Woah. Woah." Mauricio grabbed the phone from my hand. "You were going on a date with Liam tonight?"

I nodded, "Yeah. We wanted to try things out again and- give me back my phone."

"Go. I will watch Marisa."

I laughed, slapping a hand against my thigh, "Seriously?" He wasn't laughing. "Oh holy God. You serious?"

"I can watch the child."

"You can't even watch yourself. How can you watch another living thing?"

"For your information, I watch myself all the time." He grabbed Marisa, "So, I can watch a baby."

"You're holding the baby by its feet."

He looked down and coughed before turning Marisa around. "Go. Go get laid."

"Why are you so supportive?" I chuckled lowly as Mauricio pushed me out the door, "I thought you disapprove-" I stared at him as he wrapped my jacket around my body, "You know about Liam."

"Yeah, and it seemed like you didn't. I'm sort of sorry for glaring at you-" He pushed me out the front door. "But, consider us even after tonight." The door slammed closed.

I pounded against the door. "It's cold tonight! Make sure Marisa is warm, and there is a baby bottle inside the fridge! It goes inside her mouth! Call me!"

I wasn't exactly feeling confident in Mauricio. He rarely interacts with Marisa. The only time I witnessed his acknowledgment of her was when he accidentally steps on her then screamed: "Who left a baby here! It's getting in my way! I almost tripped and hurt myself!"

Hesitantly, I walked away from the house, sending Mauricio a dozen messages on how to take care of Marisa. Once I sat inside the nice car, I prayed: "Oh Lord, I know I haven't gone to church recently, and I truly apologize for my misdeed. But, I pray to you, please do not allow Marisa to get hurt tonight under the watch of a man named Mauricio Laghari. If tonight goes well, I will surely go to church (nearly) every Sunday onward. Amen."

Quickly, I rushed to the company, placed the document inside Becca's office, and rushed out. Inside the elevator, I check myself to ensure nothing is out of place.

I placed my arms in the air, to cool off the sweats. I'm an extremely sweaty person, mainly when I'm anxious.

The elevator door opened, revealing a group of workers. They stared at me, and with a grim smile, I lowered my arms and stepped back. I stared at the ground until we reached the lobby.