XXIII. Another Contract

Vivian's POV:

I rush out the door, ready to get something to stab Liam and finish the job. Amoli ran after me and slide in front of me while I roll up my sleeves. "I'm going to do it! I'm going to finish the job!"

I grab a doctor, shaking him back and forth, "Where is it? Where are the drugs?" I put on my crazy face.

Amoli grabbed my wrist and spun me around. "What are you doing? You need to calm down!" She turned towards the doctor. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. My friend is a bit emotional right now."

"I am not emotional," I hissed lowly, scanning the hospital for something sharp.

"Yes, you are," she snapped, "Look, I know you, Viv. When it comes to Liam, you always get extremely emotional."

"Li...I know-"

"No, you don't," she laughed, but it was not a humorous one. She spun around, walking towards the other side, but came back. "I am going to say this out loud, and I'm only going to say it once. You're going to listen and no interruptions. Understand?"

I crossed my arms and nodded my head.

"Liam Everhart is the only person who can fuck with your emotions and don't you deny it. I've been with you before he arrived, during his arrival, and even after your marriage with him. I was there to witnessed everything you went through so don't you tell me what I didn't see. You are an emotional shipwreck when it comes to that man in that room."

She inhaled a deep breath while my nails dug into my elbows. I watch as she pinched her nose bridge and glance at me, a deep piercing one. "You need to move on from him and don't tell me that going out on a date with Cason is moving on. We both know Cason is a distraction from Liam."

I suck in my cheeks, knowing everything she said is true. Here we are in deep shit, but I'm still allowing my emotions to get the best of me. "What should I do?"

"Bite your tongue." She walks closer to me. "Just ask him to withdraw the lawsuit."

"What if he says no again?" my voice was cracked. I don't want to go back to South America, where my parents will chain me down with what they assumed will be good for me. I don't want to go and hear the lectures of my siblings saying how I'm not mature enough to make my own decisions.

With my current situation, they may not be wrong.

She swallowed, "Then, we'll find another solution." She tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Woah, what's with this tragic play I'm seeing?" I turn my head to see Becca.

I wipe the tears from my eyes and bow slightly. "Ms.Baker," I said, "Why are you here?"

She ran her tongue across her cheek
"I got a call that my employee is in the hospital, so I came and check," she said, allowing the jacket wrap around her shoulders to drop. Immediately, the person behind her grab it and place it flat on his arm. She handed him her purse, "And why are you here?"

I bit my lower lip and glance at Amoli before expelling a breath. "I was the reason why Liam is in the hospital," I spoke slowly, clicking my tongue at the end.

She lifted a brow, "Now, this is a story I want to hear before visiting the victim," she said, making her way towards the empty seats. She patted the chairs beside her, telling me to sit.

Steadily, Amoli and I walk towards her. Amoli grab my shirt, "Who's that?"

"My boss," I whispered.

She analyzed Becca before nodding "She has that boss aura."