32 || one month down

alexa, play why do you love me by charlotte lawrence

DAY 32

        Amelia stared off aimlessly as she stirred the scrambled eggs that sizzled away in the frying pan in front of her. Her mind wandered to the actions of last night - the possessiveness in James' tone as he brought her to climax three times on that bathroom counter. The conflict brought unease in her stomach. Just replaying his voice in her head, telling her that she was his, made her chest tighten in excitement. 

        She undoubtedly was beginning to form some kind of feelings for James Buchanan Barnes. Their difficult relationship was more to her than just the sex, this much she knew. There was no downplaying the way her tummy erupted in butterflies almost every time they had a conversation or the way her heartbeat would quicken when they were in close proximity. And  hearing his claim on her out loud did not help her growing crush in the slightest. 

        Amelia was so submerged in her thoughts that she hadn't even realized that James had entered the kitchen until he was pressed up against her with his lips trailing down her neck. 

        "Goodmorning," he hummed quietly, pressing his lips softly all over her skin. 

        "What happened to just having fun?" Amelia wondered out loud through a teasing smile, even though there was a seriousness behind her question. 

         "Hmm?" 

        James ignored her question as his lips found their way to her jawline, lifting her chin and tilting her head slightly with his finger. The sensation of his warm lips devouring her sensitive spots was enough to send goosebumps down Amelia's arms. 

       "The line is feeling a little blurry," she confessed shyly, letting her eyes flutter closed as she leaned into his lips now. It was insane how his kisses affected her, making her lose what little train of thought she had left. 

        "You're thinking about it too much." 

        The abrupt, coldness of his words left Amelia feeling rather angry. Furrowing her brows, she whisked the eggs away from the heat of the stove as she tore away from his grasp. "Yeah, maybe I should just stop thinking about it so much." 

        James observed Amelia as she collected two plates from the kitchen cabinet, irritably scooping the eggs from the pan and smacking down spoonfuls onto the plates. Her nostrils flared as she fumed with anger, her jaw clenching as she stood with her back towards him. He hated seeing her like this, but he just couldn't give her normalcy. Nothing about his life would ever be normal, no matter how hard he tried to make it that way.