Heir Apparent: A Hausa Story.

Introduction.

The Veir Republic is the only nation in the world that is ruled by one person but subdivided into 4 kingdoms, a king ruling each one.

Ulan Bator ruled by King Nurayn.
Bandar ruled by King Iman.
Durban ruled by King Lateef.
Banjul ruled by King Harun.

Unlike the normal rule of monarchy the one in The Republic is quite different. Just because you're the first child doesn't mean you're the heir, just because you're a son doesn't mean you're the heir either. But an heir is chosen at random with a mark called Genus Rosa, in a shape of a rose.

You can't get it tattooed or imprinted, it comes as a birth mark so whether you're a boy, girl, first child, last child, a bastard or a the black sheep when you're born with the mark you have to be heir and future king.

The rules of the mark are many, some of them are:

. Anyone who possesses the mark must be King, it's not a choice.

. If the person with the mark is no more none of his siblings shall obtain it, instead a Cēosan (in English Choosing) must take place whereby the king of the kingdom must search for someone suitable to be heir.

. There can be two or more people born with the mark in the royal family.

. The heir can be a woman or a man.

. The mark can disappear when the Vassal (that is the person with the mark) when they commit a forbidden act.

. You are superior to everyone and must acknowledge the contradistinction.

Emperor Mustapha rules the republic but unfortunately doesn't have an heir and unlike the 4kingdoms the nation is passed down from Emperor to first male child.

To make things even and have an heir he decided to get the children with the mark from all four royal families to train in order to choose the next Emperor and a queen to stand by his side.

Normally in all four kingdoms the one with the mark is heir to the throne.
Four children are taken away when they come of age to get trained and taught the ways of the republic without the knowledge of what it is for, that was the biggest mistake. Instead of being rivals they become friends.

Huda Iman, Najib Lateef, Masoud Nurayn and Raudah Harun have no idea what's planned for them and maybe having the mark is the worst thing that could have ever happened to them but because of it they found love, friendship, experience, power and betrayal. And whether they like it or not that heartbreak built them.

But things have gotten messy, four families and kingdoms desperate to have one of their own ruling the nation, it won't be about friendship anymore. Things are about to get chaotic.

Things are about to get eminently different.
Heartbreak, Love, Pain, Deception and Guilt.

A Fictional Hausa Book.

Please try it out.