XXVI

I sigh again frustratedly.
I came to see a friend, Nasir.
He's a psychology professor in the Veir Western University and the best.

He and I have been friends since we served together when we were 24years, it was something everyone whose father works in the army, navy or Air Force must go through.

Fortunately for Nasir he realized he wanted to do something just after we got back, his father was a Naval official and after trying so hard to convince his son he gave up and supported him.

"You have sighed six times just this last minute, what's up?"
"It's about Huda and her husband"

He bursts out laughing so hard he held his stomach and wiping away fake tears.
"What you're saying is that Huda and Amjad are making you sigh, huff and hiss?"

I nod.
"I never knew you were this jealous. Maybe nothing even happened between them, considering both their personalities".

"No that's not it, this has nothing to do with them being together, it's more serious than that"
He continues laughing.

He has this kind of contagious laughter when you're in an okay mood but right now when I'm confused, annoyed and pissed it's hella annoying.

"If you're not going to advice me then just leave"
"First of all this is my house" he takes a deep breath before getting serious "So? What is it?"

"I found out that the day of their wedding he wasn't sick and apparently he was at the docks to receive a shipment and apparently things got bloody"

He nods "So? What does that have to do with Huda? Because he's her husband?"
I shake my head "No. The vassal who died, her friend, I found out that she met him right before he died, at the scene of the crime"

He smirks "So? You think she killed her childhood friend with the help of her husband?"

"No, I have no doubt in my mind that she had nothing to do with it but I want to know what she did there, that's all but Amjad, I'm sure he's up to something".

He nods "So you have proof?"
"No but I trust my sources"

"You know better than trusting anyone with no doubt. Even if he was how are you sure it's related to the throne or the late vassal? What if he's dealing with his own skeletons? You and I both know Amjad as someone who doesn't concern himself with anything, someone who doesn't give a crap about power but I can't say I know that he's not doing anything for sure but isn't it ironic how they are making he and Huda suspects?"

I raise my eyebrows "How?"
"Amjad is Huda's husband and both their parents are influential people especially Amjad. I'm just telling you to wait, talk to her first and then find a strategic way to talk to him".

"I'll try that".

He smirks "How's the wife? Did you confront her?"
"Let's not talk about that one, she always acts differently when I'm around"

"Well because you have something on her".
"That's her problem, that's the least of my problems".

::

Huda's POV.

"Where are we going?" I ask Amjad.
He said we were going out, I got in the car and he's been driving for over 50mins but I have no idea where we are headed to.

He sighs "Okay then"

He suddenly parks the car by the road.
We are in the middle of nowhere.

"Let's go out, leave your phone in the car"
I was scared but I obliged, Hasna knows I went out with him so hopefully if I go missing she'd know who the first suspect should be.

He opens the glove compartment and put his phone in before turning to me to do the same. I slowly put it in.

He closes it and walks out.

After walking out we walk a bit before stopping. He turns and looks at me, he didn't have a murderous look on his face, he looked like he always does, with literally no emotion whatsoever.

"Did you meet Masoud before he died?"

I stare at him in horror, too shocked to utter a word. No one knew about it, no one so how did this man know?

"You don't need to feel scared, it's just a question that deserves nothing but an honest reply".

I shake my head "How did you know?"
He smirks, the first time I'm seeing any emotion from him.
"Huda, I'm not going to charge you with murder or anything, I just want to know. I'll give you my reasons afterwards".

"Murder?! I swear I know nothing about how he died"
"I didn't say you did, I just want an honest yes or no. You don't even have to tell me what happened".

I huff "Yes, we met that night"

He takes in a deep breath "I want you to keep away from everyone for now, even Hasna"

I raise my eyebrows "Why?"
"Just trust me".
"Okay but why are we out here?"

"You were given your phone as a present from Hasna who told you it was from Uncle Awwal which it no doubt came from him but before it gets to you it always gets tampered with, I can't explain deeper now but stay away from everyone until I tell you to".

At this point I have to listen to him.
I don't trust him but who else can I trust anyway.

"How did you know I met with Masoud?"
"I'll explain with time, when we get to know each other better"

I raise my eyebrows questioningly, what does he mean by 'know each other better?'

"We're going on lockdown".

::

Najib's POV.

I hurriedly got my phone out to call Raudah and Huda but Huda's phone was switched off.

Hello Raudah?

I thought we said we wouldn't call each other since that day?

We did but there's a problem.

Will you stop bothering me? I'm already feeling like hell.

Okay, I'll call Huda a few more times. Sorry for bothering you.

I end the call.

I call Huda eight more times but it was still either switched off or unreachable so I just send her a text and hurry out with my car keys.

::