XLVIII

Third Person POV.

Alhaji Hammad sat in his living room watching.
He knew everyone was running around either trying to finish what they started or trying to stop them but he already knew what was to happen.

If he wanted he'd be here with his son, so he doesn't suffer too but that wasn't the right thing.

If he admitted to his son that he knew who was behind everything since from the very beginning, he'd probably lose his son's trust and he didn't want that.

He wanted Amjad to know what political power is, it's not framing the Emperor or stealing a few billions, it's taking over the whole Kingdom, taking the Queen out of the picture and making the Kingdom yours.

He wasn't one who liked being on the throne because he had realized through the years that the throne isn't what truly holds all the power.

If he had wanted he would have taken Mustapha off the throne a long time ago but the future of the kingdom mattered to him a great deal, he might not be alive tomorrow so what happens to the kingdom, his son and future generation if he hands the throne to a swine?

Mustapha was always fair, understanding, assertive, strong minded and intimidating so he knew there was no one better than he, to rule.

A few years after the Late Emperor's marriage he came to a realization that he couldn't have an heir which was ultimately a problem. But even if he had an heir if he wasn't qualified to rule then he'd never let him.

But since he saw Munir, he knew he was the right choice so he approached Emperor Mustapha about it. They made their plans years ago but suddenly the Emperor started having second thought, talking about the vassals having the throne which he found preposterous.

But he still let Mustapha do it, he wasn't going to deny him a smile in his last years. He knew who would still be Emperor. And he could tell someone was trying to sway the Emperor's mind.

As soon as the first vassal died he knew something worse was going to happen but when the second died as well he knew he had to interfere and so his plan to get both the vassals and the children married, including his son.

He loves his son more than anything, he's the only family he has left and the only child as well. Though he's reminded of himself a lot when he looks at his child he still wants him to work hard for what he wants, you can't always get what you want so you have to fight for it. He can't always have his father to help so he can do it himself.

Even though sometimes his emotions get the better of him and he lessens the burden, like taking both Bella and Najib's mother to his house, he did that so his son wouldn't suffer much looking for them.

He felt his son was lucky too, that he had his wife with him through it all. She might not have been his first choice but she was the right one and now he has no regrets.

He huffs.
His mind has not been able to rest for 40years, since he found out that his sister's husband couldn't have a child but finally he'll rest, he wouldn't need to bother about anything but he also needed a Queen for the future emperor, which he was a huge task because a Queen is also a great part of a kingdom.

::

Huda's POV.

Amjad has been behaving awkwardly, more than usual.
I know we argued yesterday but I didn't think he got angry.

He hasn't said a word to me all morning and it's like he can't get something off his mind, he's completely zoned out.

I enter the living room and see him seated on the arm chair staring blankly at the wall while he patiently waited for my sister.

"Shall we?" Iman asks when she comes out of her room.
He nods and walks out as she followed closely behind.

What was he thinking about that hit him in a trance?

.

It was after they left that I remembered that Amjad got the memory card out yesterday. Could it be that maybe what he found on it made him react the way he did.

Could it have something to do with his father?
It will explain his behavior.
I won't ask him about it, I'll let him tell me when he's ready and I hope that's soon because I might eventually just confront him about it.

I hear the doorbell and hurry.
"Uncle Auwal" I say excitedly when I open the door.

He smiles widely "I came to check up on you"
I chuckle "I couldn't be happier, please come in"

He sits in the living room while I get him some refreshments.
"No need to bother"
"You know me, I have to"

He smiles "You look well, how have you been doing?"
I huff "I've been okay, just kinda stressed"

"Stressed? I haven't been seeing you in the palace, what is stressing you at home? I hope it's not Amjad"

I shake my head "Nah, it's not him. I guess I'm still trying to get used to everything. Losing family and then the marriage"

"I'm sure you miss them both, they would have made this kingdom a better place"
I nod.

He sits up, resting his arms on his thigh "You know you can come to me if you ever need anything or anyone to confide in. Ever since you four left the castle it's one thing after the other and it pains me to know that I can't do anything about it. I watch you all grow and losing Masoud and Najib was difficult for me as well, now you're married to someone you barely know"

I shake my head "No, it's not like I don't like Amjad. It wasn't what I hoped for but I like it now"

He huffs "I watched that boy grow as well, he Aadil, Hafiz and Suleiman. Though all with different personalities but they're all special in their own way. And the marriage might not have been his choice either but I know he cares for you, he's a responsible boy"

If he had heard Uncle Awwal call him boy, he'd probably scowl.

I smile "I have no complaints about him and I trust him too"
He smiles, appeased "I'm glad. Anyway I have to take my leave. I want to check up on Raudah before I leave and don't forget that you can call me no matter the situation"

I smile "Thank you Uncle Awwal".

::