XXIX

The head of security was startled to see Alhaji Hammad sitting in his office when he walked back in.

I've heard of this man to be dangerous and highly intimidating, people in the palace feared him more than they did the Emperor because apparently he's merciless and apparently he served in the army for 30years before he became a politician but I haven't met that man yet, I've only met the sweet father who cares deeply about his only surviving child.

He was angry.
Although the man is old, in his sixties his body was well built, this man might actually still be working out.

He had a scowl on his face, looking so different from how much he talked about his son on our ride here.
"Sit" he orders the man.

He sat on the man's seat so the man had no other choice but to seat on the couch, he looked terrified.

"Musa, I remember warning you once about crossing the line with me"
"I'm—I'm sorry sir"

He had a malicious grin on his face. I have to admit, I was getting scared even standing next to the man.
"I heard your wife and children left after that incident" he smirks "And now after 8years you're getting remarried, I'm happy for you"

The man swallows hard.
"No—No sir"
"What's the name you've thought of for your child?" He asks with a smug smile.

He man looked scared witless to answer the question.

Alhaji Hammad nods "Of course I'd be willing to forgive you and forget all this happened. Where is my son?"

"He's—He's about to be questioned by the General's son"
"I want to watch the questioning and you won't say a thing about our presence there"

He nods quickly.
He turns to me smiling like he didn't just finish threatening a man with his fiancé and unborn child "Do you want to join me?"

I nod immediately, not even wasting a second.

::

We were in a secret room, watching the interrogation room clearly but couldn't be seen by the interrogator nor the detainee.

Amjad was seated, looking so comfortable. His legs crossed as he leaned his head back in his chair and slept peacefully.

I can't believe I've been so worried about him when he has only been sleeping. Meanwhile his father watched him with both admiration and anger, they're more alike than he realizes.

Hafiz walks in and sits across Amjad.
He raises his head with a wide smirk on his face.

"I didn't plan this, I hope you know that"
"I do, you're forgiven"

Hafiz chuckles "I'm not asking for forgiveness".
"I know"

Hafiz huffs "Did you know Najib was found in the same dock you ran to the day of your wedding? The same place you came out with bloodstained clothes?"

Amjad smirks.
What?
He wasn't sick?
He intentionally left me that day?
I was getting pissed just listening to it but I couldn't leave, I have deep respect and fear for the man standing next to me, I really immensely do.

"Why didn't you say anything before I brought you here?"
"Say what?"

"That you just helped one of the crew who got injured"
"I don't need to go around telling people something I did when I just did it because I felt it was right, I didn't need to announce it".

"You seemed to have expected our visit, why?"
"I don't understand you"

"He's annoying" I murmur unconsciously.
"He is" his father says watching him intently.