XLIV

"So whoever did it had to do something about Masoud before he told anyone" I say.

She nods wiping her tears"After telling me, he added that they'd be coming from him"
"So I told him I could hide him in the castle. I knew about places in the castle that no one would ever find him. He told me that no one knew he was there. I got a call so I told him to come find me in the room as soon as possible".

She huffs taking a deep breath "So, I left. After I was done for the day and making sure everyone was asleep I went to the room but he wasn't there. I got scared and hurried out and that was when I found him—" she starts crying silently.

Huda embraces her, tearing up.
"Sorry, I just—I can't get used to saying it" she says wiping away her tears.

"Anyway I found him. But it was after a few days that I realized that his aid wasn't meant to be there that day"

I nod "And you relayed all this to Najib?"
She nods "Yes but he found everything out. We were supposed to meet at the docks but he called and told me that he'd just meet me at the castle" she huffs "It's been difficult living with myself".

I huff "We found his phone but it was a dead end"
She gasps "You have his phone? How?"

"He sent it to his mother via mailbox. He sent it taped inside a white porcelain"
She smiles "Then you have everything. He told me that was a memory card in the phone. You have to look inside"

"Yeah but there's nothing but your contact information" Huda says sitting up.

"No, I mean inside it"
"Like inside the phone? Inside? As in break the phone?" Huda asks.

"You don't need to break it Hudayya, just dismantle it"
"Ahh"

I abruptly stand "It's at home, I'll go get it"
Huda stands "I'll come with you"

I shake my head "It's better you stay here".
"But I want to come with you" she pouts.

"Huda you're staying"
"Hudayya it's better you stay" Bella advices her.

"Okay, just be safe"
I nod.

::

Hafiz's POV.

I keep having a feeling that Amjad and Huda are up to something, it's not that I don't trust them but—okay maybe I don't trust him a hundred percent.

Everyone knows his father to be the man really controlling everything. The fact that he hasn't done anything is odd. And the issue of a new Emperor being named. I hear all the elders are meeting today for that.

Suleiman barges into my office.
"Hafiz!" He shouts.

I roll my eyes "I hope it's important"
"Your father is being apprehended"

I was shocked, to my very core.
I run out immediately.

There he was getting escorted out of the palace court as uncle Awwal followed behind closely.
"What's going on here?" I ask.

Baba just looks at me and smiles sadly before he continued walking towards the security van.
Uncle Awwal rests his hands on my shoulder "I'm sorry"

"What did he do?"
He huffs "Apparently he knew about the Emperor's condition, he and the Queen were in it together"

I shake my head "That's not possible. He barely leaves his house"
"Hafiz, he doesn't need to leave his house to conspire"