🕒 Time to Heal 💊

amantium irae amoris integratio est  — the quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love. 

.....

Chapter 17

Y/N POV

Day 1 (w/o Namjoon)

I head back to the infirmary after Joon leaves. When I get to Jin and Taehyung's hospital room, I see that Tae is fast asleep. His form curled around a pillow under his arm, his hair messy and bedridden. I smile softly at his vulnerable state. I step up to his bedside and move his bangs out of his face and kiss his forehead. He leans into my kiss and smiles sleepily.

Just as his arm reaches out to grab me, I maneuver out of the way. I watch his face turn into a frown upon not feeling me near him anymore. I chuckle to myself at his cuteness. I hear Jin shift in on the bed with his back still turned towards me. 

I sigh exasperatedly, "You can stop pretending to be asleep, you know." I cock my hip and fold my arms across my chest.

Jin turns slowly to me, looking over his shoulder, "How could you tell?"

"Well, first of all, Nobody sleeps for 20 hours straight, let alone in the same stiff position. Second of all, Your breathing was at a normal rate, not slowed like it usually is when people sleep. Third of all, I heard your stomach growl while I was feeding Tae earlier."

He sits upright on his bed, his back against the headboard, "And you didn't say anything to them about it? Why?" He briefly looks into my eyes, then stares at the far corner of the room behind me.

"I figured you stop playing pretend when you were ready or when I called you out on it."

He falls silent, his eyes stubbornly staring at the wall still. I observe him silently. "Are you in any pain? Are you hungry?" I ask, stepping closer to his bed.

"I'm not in any pain." He says curtly, his lips pursed.

"Okay?" I say, dragging out the word. "Are you hungry? Or thirsty?"

He decides to ignore and falls silent again. I sigh in defeat and return to my seat beside Taheyung's bed. I can tell that he was stewing in his anger towards Namjoon and me.

Then, his stomach growls loudly. It's so loud that we both are silent for a moment.

Wordlessly, I stand and grab the phone on the table between the beds. It rings then a nurse picks up the phone, "Hi, This is Alpha l/n. Can I have a dinner plate sent up to room 341?"

"There's no need for that—" Jin starts to say but is interrupted by another growl for his stomach.

I glance at him and say into the phone, "Make that two plates, two slices of chocolate cake, two cokes, and two glasses of milk."

"I don't need two—" 

I press the receiver to my chest, turning to Jin, "Jin." I try to say in my best monotone, stern voice. "I told Namjoon I would take care of you, shut up and let me!"

He falls back on the bed in defeat. I say my final words to the nurse and hang up the phone.

"I don't need two plates. I'm not fat or anything."

"You think everything is about you, don't you?" I was shaking my head at him."What are you talking about?"

"Did it ever occur to you I haven't eaten either? That I was too busy to worry about myself because I had to take care of two grown-ass men? And dealing with another man that hurt me?"