🤬 Lunas, Alphas, and Cursing Humans 🤬

"I will rise. I will always rise. Don't you doubt that even for a second."

~Phoenix Mode

.....

Chapter 4

Y/N POV

~Flashback continued~

The remainder of our pack, about 20 wolves, walked towards us in human form. Mom and I transform back behind some bushes and someone girl gives us clothes to put on. They aren't exactly my size, but I'll manage. We make camp for the night at the waterfall, mom and I are given a tent someone brought with them. After dinner, we head into our tent. The silence between us weighs a ton.

I didn't want to talk. I'm not gonna cry.

 I need to think. I need time. I need to sleep.

"Y/n~," Mom says, softly. 

"I don't want to talk about it right now, please." I interrupt, laying down on my borrowed sleeping bag.

"Our pack needs you, Y/n. You can't just ignore your responsibilities!" She chides.

Sitting up abruptly, fists clenched. "I'm not ignoring them! I'm grieving my father. Can I at least have that?" I retort, bitterly. "You're acting as if he isn't dead!" I can feel myself getting angrier, and try to rein in my temper. I could feel my eyes turn hazel.

"You think I don't miss him!? I'm heartbroken, He was my mate. He'd have wanted you to lead like you were born to, Y/n." She sobs and swallows it back. Her voice still full of anger despite the shaking in her voice.

"Would you stop that?!" I shout, through gritted teeth.

"What? Stop doing what, Y/n." She says, throwing her hands up in frustration, hands landing on her hips. 

"Talking about him in the past tense, it hasn't even been a day! I could have saved him! You could have, but you're such a coward!"

"I would've if I could have, like you, I made a promise, I have a duty. Do you think it was easy? Choosing between my mate and my child?!" She sighs, pinching her nose. "They need you, Y/n. It won't be long until they start to question your leadership if you wait too long." 

"You have a funny way of showing it! I know my duty, and you should know your place. You are no longer the Luna, I am the Alpha now." I say, matter-of-a-factly.

"Then act like it. I'm your mother, you're my child. Remember who you're talking to. Stop acting like a child, Y/n." She hisses back, her green eyes burning into mine. I knew I wasn't supposed to talk to my mom like that, but I was mad and grieving. And she was acting like I was still a cub like I hadn't trained for this my whole life.  

"I know what I'm doing, mom. I need to grieve my father. I will back and ready to lead in a day or two. "I say, pinching the bridge of my nose, a head pounding. I storm out of our tent, needed space, and she mind links me.

Two days, that's it. Then we have to move from here. She pauses. 

Hurry back. She adds, softly. It was her way of apologizing. She clearly sounding tired and irritated from our conversation. 

I wasn't in a forgiving mood though. Don't wait up. I say, flatly. I cut the link and run into the forest. Movement always cleared my mind and calmed me down. 

Once, I was in the forest I check my surroundings quickly then strip down. Clothes didn't puff themselves on and off when we transform. We have to be naked or the clothes become shreds and dust. I hide my clothes on a high-enough branch and transform. I run for about 20 miles when I stop. I lean against a tree and cry my heart out, curled up into a fetal position. I can't believe that he was gone, I miss him already.

I wipe my face with the back of my hand and realize that I've wandered well into human territory. The sound of heavy footsteps takes my attention away from

Then out of nowhere, the scent hits me. The scent of a human. The smell of sweat, and a hint of lavender and something else I couldn't name at the moment...

The bushes rustle again and I transform back. I didn't want a human to see me naked and I'm sent into a state of alertness and hostility. My body poised to attack this person.

The look of surprise on his face is worse, if not equal to the look on mine.

His next words shocked me the most, "Shit, you can't be here." He says, in a frustrated tone as he ran a hand through his chocolate brown locks. He was really handsome, but had a real potty mouth. I furrow my brows and tilt my head at him. he mimics the expression. This is my first meeting a human. What do I do? How do I act around it? 

Shit, I shouldn't be here.

~Flashback ended~

A/N:

I updated, YAY! <3 :)

That's the end, for now, kiddos. This was pretty long, though.

So I'm proud of myself for that. 

Hope you like this chapter.

Bye~~

Edited: ✔️

~Strawberry Marie🍓🍓