Chapter 58 Prepare yourself, not everyone will survive.

Chapter 58 - Prepare yourself, not everyone will survive.

Archers fingers grip the steering wheel, his entire body tense and definitely under stress. My teeth chew the gum on the inside of my cheek, my skin shuddering with the sense of Archers power coursing through the car. I barely take a breath as the hairs on my arm stand on end and I sense his inner wolf rippling just under his skin, snapping to be released.

My brow furrows at the pure intensity of Archer's wolf.

Alpha's and Luna's are known for emitting a certain sort of unique power, dominance and strength - that is natural for their position and the wolf within them. Having been around an Alpha and Luna - even their Heirs I've felt this wave of power and although it can get uncomfortable it never physically effected me. It never raised Goosebumps on my arms or left a chilling, tension in my spine that had me wanting to snap back or freeze up with awareness, but Archers wolf seems to. The overwhelming sense of wild unrestrained power courses between us. The leather beneath Archers fingers creak as he somehow remains focused on the road even though he's at war with his wolf.

The intense atmosphere in the car seem to worsen, suffocating me as Archer releases a low guttural growl. Head snapping from the road.

It happens so quickly I barely have time to respond.

I gasp, jerking in my seat as he slams the breaks. My heart thunders and I reach out instinctively to place a hand on the dashboard but Archers arm has already whipped out and pressed against my body, keeping me from being thrown further forwards. The second we come to a stop I release a long breath, turning to look at Archer but he's pointedly looking towards the forest besides us...

"Archer, what's going...?" I go to grab his arm but he rips it way from me, an animalistic snarl building in his throat. I jerk back in surprise and watch open mouthed as Archer's hunched figure wrenches the door open, almost ripping it off it's hinges.

Snapping out of my surprise and a twinge of hurt which I vehemently ignore I lean over the console as Archer lunges out the car, an unmistakable sound of a bone breaking cracks through the car.

"Archer?" I call, worry surges through me.

Is he shifting? Now? What the hell is going on?

He drops to one knee, a deep shout that falls between a cry and growl rips from his mouth.

Okay, not good.

I grab my seatbelt and yank it off about to either climb over the console to get to Archer or rip the passenger door open and dive over the bonnet.

"No!"

The harsh thick tone in Archers voice rocks through me, the snarl ripping through the air like daggers and I freeze. At first surprise dominates all my emotions but then I'm pissed. I felt the deliberate Alpha tone rippling in his voice, the harsh snarl takes me back to previous Archer. On edge Archer who always seemed seconds away from ripping me apart. The Archer that seemed to be torn between two different personalities.

Ripping the door open and marching around the bonnet, determination rocketing through me I make my way towards Archer. That determination slips slightly and I slow and See his side profile, his large figure hunched over, the bones in his back protruding and straining against his shirt.