Chapter 29 - Archer

Chapter 29 - Archer 

"We have eight guards unconscious. None of them killed. They're in the infirmary, under close observation but it seems there were only minor injuries." Jay supplies moving swiftly along the corridor towards where Brad and I stand outside Lacey's bedroom. 

"Whoever planned this, did it well, we have no CCTV evidence. They somehow hacked the system and ensured that they were on a constant loop." Luke adds catching up to his friend and focusing his attention on me "Lewis and Carla didn't notice till Jasmine sounded the alarm."

"What about visuals? Did anyone see or hear anything?" I ask grinding my teeth. I don't know how she did it, but I know this has Scarlett's name all over it.

It was her.

"No, whoever they were, they came prepared. The only visual we have is when you chased them and when Beta Brad was... attacked in the servant's corridor, but we can't be sure. The two Guards outside of the library must have seen them before they were taken out. Although, Phillips and Jasmine say all they saw was a boy in a hoodie before they used the Runes in the library beneath... the library to disappear." Luke supplies, his fingers flickering with an orange light.

 "Enough Luke." I order, suspiciously feeling the temperature rise around us.

Brad shares a questioning look with me asking through our link, how in the world did they get to the Library without our knowledge? Better yet, how did they know about it? Only few know about the book's whereabouts...

My jaw tenses and I resist the urge to rub my jaw, the hot pressure of my still healing nose reminding me it's probably best not to touch my face just yet.

A low growl emits from my wolf  his contempt and fury of being caught off guard like a pup rippling through our bonded souls. I grind my teeth, his unsettled energy rippling through my thoughts as I hiss if I'd gotten some sleep earlier we might not have been in this mess but you couldn't stop trying to get control. Stalking Scarlett in our wolf form isn't a way to get close to her. My wolf snarls, his fury rippling through our bond and I understand his message loud and clear; back off.

I turn my attention back to Brad's question and reply steadily I don't know but the libraries compromised. We need to get an elemental in to check the wards are up and strengthen them. I cross my arms over my chest and check for any signs of foul play... dark elemental involvement.

Brads eyes flash you think the same guy who used elemental magic in Kaylee's attack was here? In the Pack house?

I don't know, I just want to be sure. And if so we need to hunt them down.

Brad nods as Reese cuts shall I inform the Alpha of your plan? I glance at Reese who was silent during the internal exchange, eyes flickering to me from where they'd been focused on Luke.

 Yes, inform my father. He may already have an action plan.

 I clench my jaw I almost forgot, I'm not in charge yet. My father still needs to be informed of everything.

"There's barely less than a minute between each guard rotation on all floors, whoever this was it was planned incredibly well, and I bet the attack on Zeya was a distraction." I raise an eyebrow, but Brad quickly explains "So, we'd have more Guards outside of the Pack house rather than inside." That makes sense, Dad had increased the guard on our central border as well as the outer border. They'd drawn our attention away from the Pack House to the outer lands.

Our enemies are getting smarter.

Brad silently agrees with me as he glances over, eyes flashing at the impassive look I'm wearing as he continues "The fact that this Rogue got in and out means they must have known Guard rotation, there's no way they wouldn't have been seen otherwise. The rotation is thorough and always on time" Brad regards us all as he rests a hand on the sword at his waist. Weaponry inside the Pack house is important, the halls are too small for us to shift if danger strikes us here. Everyone is required to carry such weapon for their own protection so I'm not surprised Brad has his on him, especially since we've been broken into.